Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recd a free 4 inch portable dvd player that is fairly small in design and would more than likely fit easily in the dash tray. i ordered the ALTEZZA dash tray with the closing lid. Do you guys think if I just leave this dvd player in the dash tray(maybe velcro down so it doesnt slide around) and keep the 12v adapter in the glove box that this is a good idea? has anyone else tried or done this???? I think it is a GREAT idea since I never will use the portable dvd player anywhere else!!!! Any suggestions??

Dana

·
8,880 Posts
Hardwire it,
Do the auxilary input mod to get the sound (advanced).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey............

How would I hook up the dvd player to get sound out of the car stereo??? Is this possible and/or difficult?

Dana :eek:

·
Registered
947 Posts
put the 12v converter under the driver or pasanger seat, this saves your glove box from haveing to be cut and room in your glove box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12v convertor????????

The portable dvd player comes with a cigarette lighter plug. All I have to do is when I want to watch the dvd player is just take the plug out of the glove box(where it is kept) and then plug it in when I am using it. This is a standalone portable dvd player for traveling.

Dana

·
Registered
92 Posts
To get sound through the factory HU, you either connect a casette adaptor to the DVD, or add RCA Inputs to connect an A/V switching device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts