Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi~I just got my intake from lextasy...however, I don't know how to install it? As I search I found how to install PLP intake with pictures, but then there is small piece(that PLP doesn't have) that looks like another filter even though it comes with Blitz air filter... I dunno what that small piece is for...

·
Master Troll
462 Posts
the little thing is a "breather" filter, if you look at the CF intake, it doesn't have any holes or connectors on it like the stock (or php or anyone else) has. so that little filter attaches on the engine where the tubing goes from the intake pipe to the engine. The breather filter idea got lots of boo's here from the people in the know, so i just drilled a hole in the CF intake and put in a connector and used the stock tubing instead of the breather filter.

check here for my pics: http://hazy.my-is300.com/lextasy.php

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah, you pretty much have to do that.^

That is why mine is sitting in my closet. I don't wanna deal with it so the first person with $100 can have it. It looks amazing but I don't wanna hassle with drilling it. I'll wait for TBKO or PLP's upcoming intakes; they're supposed to be like SRT's. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks

Thank you for letting me know how to install it ....but then since I am a newbie about the car...I got some stupid questions "do I have to put that small air filter on? what does it do? does it only make rumbling sound? If I have to put it on then....where am I supposed to get that connector and what size is that ? and where am I supposed to make a hole( how many inches form the end?) additionally if I make a hole I think perhaps the air will be leaking somehow how can i prevent that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.