Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
is the difference, a black interior coating, instead of silver, that is what it looks like, but the pictures are fuzzy, so it is hard to tell? thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Also, on Ebay there are several auctions for clear lens for the small brake lights as well...last time i saw, the bids were around $40-$50.
A great thing about this company (procarparts.com) that is auctioning the clears is that they will let you pick up the item if you live in LA (they're in El Monte). I won one of their auctions for RAV4 clear bumpers and a fellow RAV4 buddy who needed them picked them up for only $13.50 out the door (auction price 12.50+tax), so you can save on shipping costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see absolutely NO difference between those JDM lights and the U.S. ones. The only reason I would bid on the lights would be if I was going to put them on my non-toyota car and make it look like a "wannabe lexus"
Right IS300GTE?

·
Registered
635 Posts
If they have black inner housing, I would be interested.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't see any difference either... those high quality photos are just too much for me to handle.
heh heh....

Scott.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they look like the dark inner housing to me, perhaps he just angled the lights in such a way as to make reflections make them appear to be dark lenses? I don't know. I was just passing along info.

------------------
Patrick
1989 Camry 5-speed
Mods: Suspension, intake, exhaust, stereo, interior
The ImportMania Performance Page
http://importspeed.net/importmania
"Because deep down, we all want a Type R sticker and coffee cans on our tailpipes." :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
not sure about that picture up above, but the JDM black housing tailights are not reflective like the 'stock' dark taillights on 2002 IS300s. The stock tailights are a black chrome finish. THe JDM tailights are also darker since they are a flat black color. just to clear up some confusion

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I just installed the JDM black housing special edition tail lights, and they are different then the '02 "smoked" black pearl tail lights. If you have a dark color car, wow what a difference. The car looks totally different.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
isman said:
I just installed the JDM black housing special edition tail lights, and they are different then the '02 "smoked" black pearl tail lights. If you have a dark color car, wow what a difference. The car looks totally different.
have any pics? Is it really noticeably different than the 02 black chrome tails?

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts

Last minute photo. They're expensive, but there is definetly a diff. between the '02 smoked black pearl tail lights and this JDM Toyota black housing tail lights. For those of you who want to be diff. and willing to pay the diff. this is for you. The set costs $650.- set It's a direct swap. I got them from www.fizzautosports.com. Ask for Rob or Kev. Good Luck. Next week is my JDM Modellista full rear bumper and side skirts for total JDM look.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Yes, I like to know also, so I can go to my parts guys and get my diff. in $$. :oops: :evil:

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
DegoIS, my parts guy said he'll refund my money. So if you can get it for $250 set. I'll be more than happy to order 2 sets (4pcs), if they are the same JDM-TOYOTA black housing tail lights.

Hey "TOYOTA" you said you can also get them also for $250.00 set. I'll like to order them and save a lot of $$. Can you let me know??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts