Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing my IS300 within a month or so and was wondering if anyone purchased an additional warranty on their IS300?
I plan to keep the car at least 9 to 10 years.
What is the name of the company of the warranty and what kind of deal did you get (miles/years) how much.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It probably depends on how hard you plan on driving the car. I think out of all the cars my parents have purchased over the years they only bought an extended warranty once, and it was on an american made car. => My dad still has his Toyota truck that he bought in 1988 new and hasn't had any major work done on it ever once the warranty ran out. BUT he only drives it to work and back, it only has 80,000 miles on it. If you really plan to keep the car for 10 years though it'll probably be worth it for you. Especially if you plan on driving the car for about 20,000 miles per year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got the extended warranty on my IS, including on my other car, Honda Accord 94.

IS: It costs $1425.00 which consists of warranty on parts for 6 years or 100,000 miles. I drive alot of miles, I drive AT LEAST 70 miles a day for work, Monday through Friday. And on the weekend I plan to PIMP out my ride with my crew and all.

So I decided to get it cause over 60 months it only came out to $28 dollars a month, and who knows what could go wrong, but I assume that Lexus's nowadays will not go wrong.

·
11,062 Posts
jraccord...now I don't feel so bad. I got that extended warranty for $1,100. Like Ladyjul, I plan on driving the little beast for 10 years so I can feel I got my money out of it.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Whats with this 1100.00 and 1400.00 BS?!!! I got the 6/100 warranty at time of purchase for 680.00. If I did not take it at the time of purchase it was like 1500.00. Its the Lexus Gold warranty package. I thought 700 was too much!!!! I had my ride since march and I just flipped 5K miles so I bought incase I own it longer than the 4 years as Lexus service is expensive if needed after the warranty. Just look at the cost of the 10K and 15K services. I hate to see what the charge would be for an actual problem!!! The Lexus extended warranties are transferable which will bring peice of mind to whom ever purchases after I am through.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by lisnup65:
Whats with this 1100.00 and 1400.00 BS?!!! I got the 6/100 warranty at time of purchase for 680.00.
Aw, now you made me feel bad!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was able to get an extended warranty through my insurance company, Geico. Its not the Lexus extended warranty but its alot cheaper than what the dealer offered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Ladyjul
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing