Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IS is at the dealer right now. They said it won't be done until tomorrow morning. Kinda nervous right now. I hope those guys know what they are doing. Anybody NOT happy with their fix? If so, why not? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Lets get back onto the subject at hand!!!!

i had my ECU/trac updated like 3 weeks ago and here are my thoughts.

The trac update is GREAT!!! it is no longer very sensitive and when the trac does come on it does not stay on as long as it used to.

BUT!!!!!!!

about a week after the update it HAPPENED again!
driving straight along kind of hard and the tranny hesitated in between 2nd and 3rd again!! Its like the trans gets stuck in 2nd gear and then RAMS into 3rd hard...
This really pisses me off, i know a lot of you guys also have this problem every sop often, i know i get it like once every 2 months.
Since the update it has happened 2 times to me, although not as bad as it used to be but it still happened!!!

im not a happy camper

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the ecu fix done about 2 weeks ago.....
I did notice a little bit better response from rolling stop to go (meaning I roll up to a stop sign' see no traffic and hit it) there is less lag time before the gas kicks in, other than that it's about the same. I never had a trac problem that I could notice but that was fixed as well. The fix was not as big of a deal as I expected....I had grand hopes it would come back from the dealer with new found torque and HP!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got my TRAC ECU replacement/Enginge ECU updated today.

maccarlin and Kpostman: I agree with you two. It's not THAT big of a difference, but it's somewhat better than what I had before. Oh well. Only time will tell. I'll take it out for a few more spins later. I'll let you know what's up. Thanks for replying everybody!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Bruce LeRoy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing