Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody want to help me put my Alphawerks header and y-pipe on this week or wire my o2sim (someone who knows how to do it)???

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Anybody want to help me put my Alphawerks header and y-pipe on this week or wire my o2sim (someone who knows how to do it)???
I could probably help you out. Maybe Rob, Cassiesman, would want to help too. We've been through a header install together so we know what to expect. Let me ask you a question, do you care if you have to cut your old headers in half to get them out?

Oh boy....it's time to bust out the Black and Decker electric saw again :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me ask you a question, do you care if you have to cut your old headers in half to get them out?

Oh boy....it's time to bust out the Black and Decker electric saw again :lol:
DO WHAT!?!?!? WHY would we have to do that???

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
DO WHAT!?!?!? WHY would we have to do that???
Trust me. After spending around 12 hours on my back underneath Steve's car, we are gonna cut that shit. There will be no fanagaling or inching or twisting. We cut that shit out and it'll be done in two hours, tops.

I can do it Sunday, but Saturday during the day time I will be a bit busy. And it depends if I can figure out my SSQV and where the hell I'm leaking boost from. I'm not loosing it as bad as I was yesterday, but its still leaking somewhere...

·
Registered
235 Posts
i can be there to give support, hang out and get drunk... who wants to buff my headlights or has a buffer???

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WoW... Wasn't expecting that part... I have to think about that one. I was planning to keep the stocks in case something were to go wrong with the headers.

Danny... I have some good headlight cleaner that u can try. Its called Plastix by Meguiar's

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
WoW... Wasn't expecting that part... I have to think about that one. I was planning to keep the stocks in case something were to go wrong with the headers.
Is it possible to remove the stock headers without cutting them? Yeah, good chance. However, its is light years easier, faster, cleaner, and less aggrivating to make a few quick snips and call it a day.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we MUST do it, we will do it. I'm asking for help so I can't be too choosy. Since thats the way you know how to do it, thats the way we will do it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
^ thats the mind set... if u cant get it out just cut the bitch out... when we doing this.... lets BBQ!!! i'm down bring some bud lights...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well fellas, Looks like we won't be installing the headers this weekend after all. I went ahead and installed them today. I understand what you meant by cutting the header. I didn't really have to cut the header, but the bolts where the header and y-pipe connect were melted onto the headers. I just used an air hammer to pry it apart... I'm not sure that the stocky is still usable tho. None the less, I don't care, because I love the sound and the much needed more responsive throttle.

For some reason I am ready to go waste gas as high as gas is... Anybody want to get a cruise going for SUNDAY?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts