Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering, because..

I need an SAFC II installed on my '01, and all the diagrams I've seen don't make sense. Wiring diagrams have 3 rows and the ECU has 4. I'm getting confused everytime I see something involving wiring the unit to the ECU. That's probably because I don't know what I'm reading.

It would be cool if someone could pull thru and install this for me. I'd pay you $100 to just install it.

Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt.

Anyone at least know any reputable shops around the area that can install AND tune for the IS300?

Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you have the wiring diagram, I can hook it up for you man.

If you want shops.. PFS and SRT here in VA

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you have the wiring diagram, I can hook it up for you man.

If you want shops.. PFS and SRT here in VA

Paul, I can't read the diagrams for sh*t! When are we gonna meet up again? My car's in the shop getting re-pinstriped a darker color. Come down this weekend!!!

I think SRT is in MD, and PFS just has a shop in Manassas, but nothing as big as what they relocated to in MD.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Paul, I can't read the diagrams for shit! When are we gonna meet up again? My car's in the shop getting re-pinstriped a darker color. Come down this weekend!!!

I think SRT is in MD, and PFS just has a shop in Manassas, but nothing as big as what they relocated to in MD.
The PFS in manassass is just a used car place...

If you want a shop you will have to go to MD...

Or you could go to another shop thats isn't a 2jz tuner...

-Wes

·
Registered
138 Posts
haha woops typo.. they both in MD.. i meant in MD, not here in VA.. whatever, you get what i mean.. but ya man just go to any shop, they can hook it up for you.. if they nice enough they'll do it for free. Just buy em beer haha

·
Registered
355 Posts
need an SAFC II installed on my '01
PFS or SRT might do it but then again they might not even look at it.
Plus once you have the SAFC put into your car you will need to have your car tune for it. It's going to cost you $. Good luck..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PFS or SRT might do it but then again they might not even look at it.
Plus once you have the SAFC put into your car you will need to have your car tune for it. It's going to cost you $. Good luck..
I know it costs to tune, I just want somebody to install this that has prior experience. It doesn't have to be a shop.

Does ANYONE have one of these on their cars?

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
I know it costs to tune, I just want somebody to install this that has prior experience. It doesn't have to be a shop.

Does ANYONE have one of these on their cars?
but why get it installed by someone who doesn't know how to tune it?

it doesn't make any sense to have it installed and drive around with it not tuned.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already thought about that. I got it for cheap, I guess I'll put it on my car; it's as simple as that.

I just wanted to get it wired, so by the time I get all the things I'll ever want on the car, I can get it tuned then, instead of paying to dyno tune every time I add something. That time will probably be in the spring.

It was also weighing on my mind that I have something in my posession that can be put on a car, and it isn't on, so it's just sitting around.

I'm getting quoted around 300-400 for install AND tune, so if I can find someone who knows how to install this for cheap, dyno tuning would run 100-200.

but why get it installed by someone who doesn't know how to tune it?

it doesn't make any sense to have it installed and drive around with it not tuned.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
I've already thought about that. I got it for cheap, I guess I'll put it on my car; it's as simple as that.

I just wanted to get it wired, so by the time I get all the things I'll ever want on the car, I can get it tuned then, instead of paying to dyno tune every time I add something. That time will probably be in the spring.

It was also weighing on my mind that I have something in my posession that can be put on a car, and it isn't on, so it's just sitting around.

I'm getting quoted around 300-400 for install AND tune, so if I can find someone who knows how to install this for cheap, dyno tuning would run 100-200.

that's like installing a headunit with no intention of making it work anytime soon, the only good that it will do is make your car a bigger target for theft.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
that's like installing a headunit with no intention of making it work anytime soon, the only good that it will do is make your car a bigger target for theft.
Thats the truth!

Wait till you can find someone to wire it before you stick it in...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Boomslang makes a "plug-n-play" wiring Harness for about 200.00 so that you don't have to splice into your stock one.

www.boomslang.com

I found them helpfult and definitely nice to have. Works with the Apexi SAFC Neo as well.

Hope you get everthing worked out!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts