Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DHCrocks said:
don't know about 18s vs 19s, but if it's any clue the difference between 17s and 18s is definitely noticeable. Can easily feel the loss in pickup, you get used to it after a while though.
having suffered through the change from 17 to 18, would you move up to 19 or would it be just to noticable (especially when compared to 17's)?

i love 19's on our car, and we have such a fender wheel space that 19's look good--not too big. but i'm not an all show no go kinda guy, so i can't decide if the payoff is worth the sacrifice...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Personally I would go with 18's again. I almost was going to get 19's it looks perfect on the IS (18's look a little small to me) but I didn't want to scarifice the ride and performance not to mention the $$$ the tires cost. as far as I could tell only one manufacture (Pirelli) makes 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 and I wanted to go staggered so I didn't want to get stuck down the road if they decided to drop the size and not be able to replace the tires in the future. I think the change from 17s to 19s would be very noticeable and would make you rethink the decision at first, but like I said after a little while you get used to it. If you want performance stick to 17s, if you want looks go with 19s, 18s are a good compromise between the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.