Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Stone and Indigo Ink are two of the new colours for 2004. I think there are a few more as well. These are supposed to be replacing Intensa Blue pearl.

I know Indigo Ink is available on the SC430, heres a pic:

I wonder if it'll be any good on the IS300.

Looks like Lexus is trying to aim at older people with these new colours and get away from those vibrant colours of previous years that appealed to younger people.

First Spectra Blue Mica was taken away (the best colour evar IMO) and now Intensa Blue and Solar Yellow are gone as well.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
wow

i like that blue :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I read in the sportX forum from someone who purports to have preordered a 2004 SportX that Blue Onyx Pearl would be one of the new colors. I guess it is wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if the yellow was deep sixed though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd really be interested to find out where people have heard this from. This is the second post regarding this, so I'm starting to wonder if it's gone beyond just random heresay.

I feel stupid too, cause I bugged the sales guy that I ordered my IS with. He hadn't heard anything, and was going to look into it but never got back to me. Felt bad making him chase after a rumor. :-?

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
CRB said:
I read in the sportX forum from someone who purports to have preordered a 2004 SportX that Blue Onyx Pearl would be one of the new colors. I guess it is wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if the yellow was deep sixed though.
Blue Onyx Pearl is the shade of dark blue offered on the LS430. It looks like black with just a hint of blue. It's close enough to the Indigo Ink Pearl that it would make no sense for the IS to offer them both. Indigo Ink is nicer than Blue Onyx, and I suspect that IIP will be what finally becomes available in the IS for 2004.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Taron said:
I'd really be interested to find out where people have heard this from. This is the second post regarding this, so I'm starting to wonder if it's gone beyond just random heresay.

I feel stupid too, cause I bugged the sales guy that I ordered my IS with. He hadn't heard anything, and was going to look into it but never got back to me. Felt bad making him chase after a rumor. :-?
The factory change-over to the new model year has occured, so if your salesman acts dumb about new color choices then he is probably trying to clear out the 2003 leftovers.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Taron said:
Check out this thread:
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13355322
especially Lexus_girl's post. She is not only a moderator here, but also works at JM Lexus, so the information she posted is sure to be accurate and correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts