Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
no clue about meets, im down to start one in la/sfv area, i have a buddy with a 300 and another with a 350 who are down to join as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I know a few. If your question is about smog goodluck. It's difficult with the star program and if you get passed that it will have cost you a pretty penny to the owner of the shop

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I can show you my IS that has two 3" converters, full 3" exhaust, turbo is fairly hidden, pretty stealthed setup, and this:
It's difficult with the star program and if you get passed that it will have cost you a pretty penny to the owner of the shop

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We're pretty much boned when it comes to non-carb parts. Just get easy to swap-out parts and hope for the best.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a turbo is300 but im 45 min away from L.A. I live in Ontario California

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
What do you guys think of this kit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNxgnA01NRk ??? I want to run a low boost and not do so many upgrades just incase I'm asked to take everything off.
I tuned that car, that kit, with an EMU, 330cc injectors, walbro 255lph. I have to say, it ran strong, fuel trims and air fuels pretty solid. His 330cc ran out of steam, hit 100% duty cycle during the tune. Wastegate spring was 8psi, but we say boost creep (or spikes) into 10psi, so maybe the wastegate needs some refinement, or its the spring.

Typically, the BOV placement where it is at, causing major MAF metering issues, but the CXracing BOV kept things in check, but one should note when changing to another brand name BOV, it will be cracked open in low load/vacuum and will most likely need to be moved further upstream to avoid low load tuning issues.

The kit as-is, ran strong, surprisingly strong. I run 9psi OE compression and this test car was running 8psi and I was super surprised, it was fast, smooth and hauling ass. Had some break-up that IMO is due to the OE spark plugs at over .045 gap. Get some colder .035 plugs and your good to go.

the TS EMU PNP harness addressed the o2 sensor configuration, tuned in some safeties with the EMU IAT and coolant temp maps, timing map and calibrated the MAF clamp. Once he upgrades the injectors, he has the head room to make more power with upgrades like internals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tuned that car, that kit, with an EMU, 330cc injectors, walbro 255lph. I have to say, it ran strong, fuel trims and air fuels pretty solid. His 330cc ran out of steam, hit 100% duty cycle during the tune. Wastegate spring was 8psi, but we say boost creep (or spikes) into 10psi, so maybe the wastegate needs some refinement, or its the spring.

Typically, the BOV placement where it is at, causing major MAF metering issues, but the CXracing BOV kept things in check, but one should note when changing to another brand name BOV, it will be cracked open in low load/vacuum and will most likely need to be moved further upstream to avoid low load tuning issues.

The kit as-is, ran strong, surprisingly strong. I run 9psi OE compression and this test car was running 8psi and I was super surprised, it was fast, smooth and hauling ass. Had some break-up that IMO is due to the OE spark plugs at over .045 gap. Get some colder .035 plugs and your good to go.

the TS EMU PNP harness addressed the o2 sensor configuration, tuned in some safeties with the EMU IAT and coolant temp maps, timing map and calibrated the MAF clamp. Once he upgrades the injectors, he has the head room to make more power with upgrades like internals.
Blacksport, how much power did it made? Is it a M/T or eshift?

I plan on running 7psi on a comp ct4-6065, which is closer to the gt30 though
Do you have any fitment issue with the IC and exhaust/downpipe kit?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
It was not on a dyno, but street tuning. It felt strong, surprised at his OE clutch (M/T).

Fitment? You mean his setup? I did not install it but it is supposed to be pretty bolt on. Looks like the typical hole needs to be drilled for the charge piping behind the passenger light, thats about it. Me personally, I'd move the BOV to behind the passenger fog light so I can change brands if I want to (other brand BOVs might be cracked upon in vacuum and cause a MAF metering issue with how they have it placed) and recirc the wastegate. But thats just me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts