Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 5SP with Full leather in east coast (NJ, NY, DE, PA, CT), so far there is nothing available. Did anyone get some luck for this kind of combo? Is that true it must be special ordered?

FYI, I saw a silver auto with Full leather at Prestige Lexus.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i was looking for the same thing..5 speed with full leather..but my dealer told me it cant b ordered without navigation system..i think he is full of ****..i think he wants me to buy one off his lot now with escaine leather!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As dealer(in NJ) told me, I can definitely special order 5sp with full leather without navigation system. But he said that could take 4 to 6 months. Really take that long? Anyone special ordered before?

I saw the 2002 Full leather. I have to say, really good quality.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
try Bob @ (410) 581-7000 (new car sales) . they might be getting one in with full leather, i can't remember for sure, but i know they were getting some type of "rare" 5 speed as he put it.

let me know what you find out, so i can correct my info if necessary.

Originally posted by jim.:
As dealer(in NJ) told me, I can definitely special order 5sp with full leather without navigation system. But he said that could take 4 to 6 months. Really take that long? Anyone special ordered before?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Jim - you're going to be hard pressed getting a full leather 5sp. We have an IS300.net group buy going on at Ray Catena Lexus which has, by far, the largest allotments of 02 ISs in the mid-atlantic region.

Feel free to check in with Greg McKinley at 732-493-5000 (mention that you're part of the IS300.net group buy).

Also, check out a thread in which I posted the Ray Catena allotment: Click Here

I had an opportunity to check allocations for the next several weeks and there doesn't appear to be any 5sp fulllthrs anywhere in the region!

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: MorpheIS ]

·
Registered
449 Posts

Yes, That is true, it will take 4-6 months to recieve your special order. I personally bought mine thru a relative who works for Toyota, and had to wait that long. Well worth the wait, in my case I got a deal.

you have waited this long, order what you like and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
will the dealers make a deal on special order cars?Jm lexus in south florida said NO DEAL on special orders!..but like i said b4..i think just want me to buy one with escaine leather off the lot..jerks!..I gonna try another dealership

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dealers are much less likely to negotiate on special factory orders. Basically, if you're going to special order - you've already conceded that you're REALLY interested in purchasing the vehicle. But naturally, the dealerships gonna want to move inventory on the lot before ordering new inventory - so that's where you'll get the best deals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys,

Thanks for reply. This is what I find out:

IS300GTE,

Bob said he didn't have 5SP with full leather either, but he is trying to locate one for me.

WHITE_IS300,

Joe told me Lexus wouldn't even make 5SP with full leather, unless special order, which he said would take 6 months.

MorpheIS,

Greg told me the same story. For special order, 3 to 4 months.

polobee69,

It depends on dealer. Prestige Lexus in NJ would make deal on special order, but dealer said he couldn't even expect when Lexus would begin to take special order, so he can't predict when I will get the car, could be 4 to 6 months.

Seems all point to a escaine leather in the lot. I don't understand Lexus, for a car more than 30K, leather is a problem? shall I turn to BMW 3 series?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, he is cool, so he should be able to help. did you tell him you were sent by a guy with an IBP stick, from MD?

good luck with the search, let me know what happens. later

-GTE

Guys,

Thanks for reply. This is what I find out:

IS300GTE,

Bob said he didn't have 5SP with full leather either, but he is trying to locate one for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing