Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
gravity bong.... i wanna try to make a bong outta trashcan... useing the swimming pool as the base.... will need a shit loada trees though. just imagine ~ :)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Trov: it works like this...

Take a soda bottle (2-liter variety is fine, but I prefer the large gatorade bottles as they are more rigid), cut the bottom off, then drill/cut a 1/4" hole in the cap. If you don't have the right hardware, use aluminum foil to make a "bowl" and glue it in w/ some gum... take a 5 gallon bucket and fill w/ warm water. Submerge bottle (cap off) so the very top is exposed. Pack bowl, screw the cap back onthe bottle. Light it up... and slowly draw the bottle out of the water. the "gravity" acts on the water pulling it down... and air is thus drawn thru the bowl, pulling a highly concentrated smoke into the container. As you near the top, steady the whole container (take your time, it takes a minute to fill about 1.5 liters w/ smoke), unscrew the top, and put mouth over the hole... and as you inhale, the bottle is drawn to the bottom of the bucket again, ready for round 2.

WORDS OF CAUTION: this is not for your recreational user, I've seen way too many people hack up a lung, trip out, freak out, or pass out from this method... its jsut way too much smoke for most people to handle. Also, don't be dumb like me and use a bucket that had been used to mop floors... the chemicals are not only bad for you, but can seriously mess w/ your head. I learned the hard way :crazy:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
A couple of my frat brothers had nothing to do one entire summer, so they decided use their time wisely and construct the mother of all gravity bongs - The EGB (Electric Gravity Bong).

This is how it worked: It had one of those big gray industrial trash cans to hold the water. Inside that was a 5 galllon water cooler bottle with the top cut off. It was secured with chains to two cinder blocks in the water. The tap from the 5 gallon bottle had two heavy valves with 2 pieces of big tubing that each ran to a mouthpiece with its own valve. It was opperated by a fish tank pump that plugged into the wall and the control switch. When you wanted to hit it, you put a bowl in the 5 gallon bottle, put a flame on it, and turned on the motor to the pump. The 5 gallon bottle filled with smoke and when it got really full it lifted the 2 cinder blocks. Then 2 people could put a tube in their mouth and open the main valve, the air would come it, cinder blocks would sink and push the smoke through the two tubes while the electric motor did the rest. It was pretty insane. It usually took at least 4 people to clear the entire bottle full of smoke.

Thats what an education at one of those "smart colleges" can do for you.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
how does the pump part work? i must be missing something... :-?
When you put a bowl in top and light it you then turn on the pump, which draws the smoke into the 5 gallon bottle. Where on a conventional G.B you would lift the bottle out of the water maually to suck the smoke in, the pump did it automatically.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
Trov: it works like this...

Take a soda bottle (2-liter variety is fine, but I prefer the large gatorade bottles as they are more rigid), cut the bottom off, then drill/cut a 1/4" hole in the cap. If you don't have the right hardware, use aluminum foil to make a "bowl" and glue it in w/ some gum... take a 5 gallon bucket and fill w/ warm water. Submerge bottle (cap off) so the very top is exposed. Pack bowl, screw the cap back onthe bottle. Light it up... and slowly draw the bottle out of the water. the "gravity" acts on the water pulling it down... and air is thus drawn thru the bowl, pulling a highly concentrated smoke into the container. As you near the top, steady the whole container (take your time, it takes a minute to fill about 1.5 liters w/ smoke), unscrew the top, and put mouth over the hole... and as you inhale, the bottle is drawn to the bottom of the bucket again, ready for round 2.

WORDS OF CAUTION: this is not for your recreational user, I've seen way too many people hack up a lung, trip out, freak out, or pass out from this method... its jsut way too much smoke for most people to handle. Also, don't be dumb like me and use a bucket that had been used to mop floors... the chemicals are not only bad for you, but can seriously mess w/ your head. I learned the hard way :crazy:
Oh jeez. Thanks for the explanation though!.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
xjayx300 said:
This thread needs to be locked.

Snoop quit smoking, now yall have to stop too...
I barely smoke anymore. If Snoop can do it, anyone can.

·
Registered
836 Posts
DJPoop said:
A couple of my frat brothers had nothing to do one entire summer, so they decided use their time wisely and construct the mother of all gravity bongs - The EGB (Electric Gravity Bong).

This is how it worked: It had one of those big gray industrial trash cans to hold the water. Inside that was a 5 galllon water cooler bottle with the top cut off. It was secured with chains to two cinder blocks in the water. The tap from the 5 gallon bottle had two heavy valves with 2 pieces of big tubing that each ran to a mouthpiece with its own valve. It was opperated by a fish tank pump that plugged into the wall and the control switch. When you wanted to hit it, you put a bowl in the 5 gallon bottle, put a flame on it, and turned on the motor to the pump. The 5 gallon bottle filled with smoke and when it got really full it lifted the 2 cinder blocks. Then 2 people could put a tube in their mouth and open the main valve, the air would come it, cinder blocks would sink and push the smoke through the two tubes while the electric motor did the rest. It was pretty insane. It usually took at least 4 people to clear the entire bottle full of smoke.

Thats what an education at one of those "smart colleges" can do for you.
I've hit some pretty insane set up's, but that one sounds cool :chill:
To bad I quit smoken 5 years ago

·
8,803 Posts
I have a friend that preaches the gravity. I hate it. It really doesnt do anything to the smoke, its just a big steamroller. The real benefit to a bong, is that the smoke goes THROUGH the water, thus cleaning and cooling the smoke. A gravity just uses water as a suction medium and only provides a big hit ( water never actually passes UNDER the water).

I think they taste nasty, are a huge pain in the ass to use, and are generally a waste of grass.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
I have a friend that preaches the gravity. I hate it. It really doesnt do anything to the smoke, its just a big steamroller. The real benefit to a bong, is that the smoke goes THROUGH the water, thus cleaning and cooling the smoke. A gravity just uses water as a suction medium and only provides a big hit ( water never actually passes UNDER the water).

I think they taste nasty, are a huge pain in the ass to use, and are generally a waste of grass.
But thay get you blizzzazed! Holla.

·
8,803 Posts
gravity bongs are the bomb, I usually do i outta my pool, i fucks me up for like 4-5 hour, but I smoke Kush
First off, if you are smoking true "kush" (which i highly doubt) You are a fuck*ng moron to waste it in a gravity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
Ruiner
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing