Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Haven't seen it done with Testors but there are some threads where people have used a spray on window tint to get the black pearl effect.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
yes people have done this........im not sure as to how they look!

SOMEone needs to perform this and then do a close up shop of both the homemade and REAL black peral emblems.......so people can compare!

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
yes people have done this........im not sure as to how they look!

SOMEone needs to perform this and then do a close up shop of both the homemade and REAL black peral emblems.......so people can compare!
Send me a set of real ones and I'll paint mine and take comparison pics.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
You have to prep the chrome emblem real good before spraying the transparent black orelse the paint don't stick and it will look like crap. (I've seen a few Hondas around here trying to do that). :lol:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I tried the testors paint, the exact ones they used. It doesn't come out that well (too dark). I've compared it to the real thing, and it doesn't come CLOSE. And the window tint stuff, comes out some what spotty (maybe cuz i didn't prep it right?)

moral of the story: get the real thing and you'll be much happier. :D

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
other moral of the story ......the real thing rips you a new asshole^^^^ :roll: :roll:

Im not cheap at all but thos ethings are FUCKING way over priced.

i know they only cost lexus like $10 to paint those damn emblems....so paint and plastic......and they are charging like $250 for emblems.

i know afreind that has them but i dont know if he can get a pic of them or not.

Will someone post a pic of there REAL ones so we can compare his home made jobbies

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not a close-up, but here's a shot of the genuine black pearl emblems on my GGP IS.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Hey Sonic Boom we got the same exact car at the same place :lol:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
other moral of the story ......the real thing rips you a new asshole^^^^ :roll: :roll:

Im not cheap at all but thos ethings are FUCKING way over priced.

i know they only cost lexus like $10 to paint those damn emblems....so paint and plastic......and they are charging like $250 for emblems.

i know afreind that has them but i dont know if he can get a pic of them or not.

Will someone post a pic of there REAL ones so we can compare his home made jobbies

relax and give Carson a call. noway are they 250

heres a pic of mine. not the best pic but you get the idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts