Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my calipers painted at the dealership. They are now silver and not the stock rust colored!!!

Anyway, I wanted to get a chrome caliper sticker from Flatline but I wanted to see what it looks like. Someone had a silver caliper + chrome sticker pic on here but I can't seem to find it. Or should I just get black. thanks for the help!

PS: The Is i am looking for is an MSM! Others will also be ok though....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Whoa there, cool it buddy. :chill:

Just registering my shock and awe that the dealer painted your calipers for you. Factory paint/color?

How much?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
immanis,

the dealer did paint my calipers silver. I let them know that I was not happy with the rust colored rotors. I pointed out that the 2002+ cars got their hubs painted. My car is in the shop for a number of things, so they said they would paints my hubs for free. I asked if they could paint my calipers as well. The rep said he would see what he could do. He called me 2 days l8er saying that he couldn't paint the calipers due to the fact it could cause "issues" down the line. Basically he was saying they could not paint them for free. I said I was willing to eat up the costs of painting the calipers since that was one of my summer projects anyway. I said that there is NO WAY painting the outside of the calipers would cause issues down the line. Anyway, he saw that I was getting upset and said that they would paint them for free as well. All I asked is that they get painted silver instead of black. I'll post pix once I get the car back.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LX4U2NV said:
revhard said:
I have silver calipers with chrome decals it looks good. Ill post some picks when i take them
Thanks revhard, I look forward to seeing them!!!
Hey revhard, have you had a chance to take pix of the calipers yet. Love to see them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts