Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a prospective IS300 buyer and just wondering what the average age of the owners on this forum. and how "fun they are to drive. is the performance really there? does it drive like a sports car or a sedan? i couldn't really drive the car that hard the salesman kept asking me to slow down. one other thing has any one modifed their console where the GPS system is loacted and added a raw screen w/ a tv tuner or game system.

thanks for any replies

·
Registered
511 Posts
Im 25 an in NYC... I wanna hook my ride up nice, but i dont wanna void any warranties on a 37k car just yet. I maybe will go TV and 18in Rims

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am working with a salesman at Santa Monica Lexus to get a GPS system installed that will mimic the factory system. Once I have more info, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 20, and I'm going to buy on my 21st bday - 19th September. It's an awesome car, and it's much more rewarding to drive than my '00 Celica GT-S. I'm just tired of shifting after 4 manual cars and I need the extra room. Besides, I think it's funny to be able to say I bought my first Lexus at 21. God bless America.

·
15,322 Posts
got mine July 1st
turn 18 next month
Spectra Blue Mica Fully Loaded (no graphite rims though
)
thinking about putting a lcd screen with dvd for navigation system that doubles as dvd movie player, also to take out those blank switch plates on near the radio for av imputs for n64, playstation2 or n dolphin

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm 23. I don't know if I wanna get a Nav system yet... I already get too many nose prints on my window after parking for a few hours.

BTW. Aye yo DonCorleone, I know you got a Spectra Blue like me... juss wondering tho... do ur brake peadals feel a bit soft to you? I'm coming from an Integra where the brakes are a little sensitive... wondering if my car has a weak Master Cylinder or I'm just a baby 'bout my new baby, 'naw mean?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im glad to see that im not the only young one around to buy one of this. im really insterested to see how the mods go for the center console tv thing. if u guys have a chance write to me to let me know how everthing went. im always in need of a few good tips and ideas.

isn't it great to pull up in a macked out Lexus when all others are pose'n up against the little civics and integras???

·
Registered
130 Posts
...I'm 21 soon to be 22, hopefully I'll have my graphite grey IS by the middle to end of september, I wish I could have it earlier but I've got some things to take care of first.

·
Registered
446 Posts
hey hrana,

Which salesperson are you working with? I bought my spectra blue mica IS300 from Santa Monica Lexus on June 23rd. I was their first IS300 customer. Go to Charlie Orozco if you still can. He's very young (23 years-old), gentle and professional.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey DJ,
My brakes feel a little soft too. I'm going to take it back and have them checked when when I get the key unlock programming checked. I'm having some problems with the key locks not responding like their supposed to. Crap! I guess I shouldn't expect Lexus's to be perfect, but for 36k+ it should come close.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i'm 21, 22 in a month. Still waiting to get mine. Hopefully SOON...and dayam whats up with everyone getting the car bought for them? When I was 18 I had to buy my own honduh civc...geez...kids these days

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im just turned 22 and I'll be picking up my IS this week. Im in NYC area and want 18in rims but I gotta think about it. I might have to get some stock in tires.lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeah.. kids these days.. hee hee... im 20 gonna buy one at the end of this year.. I am hoping to have saved up like 30g's by then.. of MY OWN hard earned money...Anyone here got their car bought for them??

·
15,322 Posts
i got the down payment as a LOAN from my parents for graduation and a bday present which has to be payed back after i finish paying the car off, i have to make the 600 a month payments and the 800+ 6 month insurance...
the brakes do feel a little soft at first- like 1/5th of the way down but after that they bite hard so you have to ease up...very responsive, they bite like hell compared to my parents 99 4runner

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im 21, will be 22 in Sept. Will be getten my IS 300 in about 6 months. Im putting a ground effects kit with a wing, style grill and eye brows on the lights. Its between the blue or the silver. and Im not sure if Imgoing to lease it or buy it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say that a $33k automobile is damned expensive for a parent to be buying a kid. I wasn't exactly deprived when I was at that age (my parents leased me a Tacoma 4x4... 4 cyl) and I've been lucky to have nice cars (excepting 6 months stuck in a Previa) but it gives me godawful rich-kid flashbacks from high school.

I still feel goofy for being able to afford a near-luxury sports sedan before I'm even old enough to drink.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm 18 and getting one in August

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, I'm 17 and my parents are buying it for me. Now before you all start scoffing at me and thinking "spoiled brat" :p; my parents have bought me this car on a condition: I have to get in an Ivy League or equivalent college! Which is why my dad lovingly refers to my IS as a carrot car, not because it's painted a custom orange (God no, it's the *best* color, Spectra Blue Mica) but because I am metaphorically like some horse/donkey who chases the carrot in front, only in my case I have the carrot already, but if I don't do so hot in school, I get it yanked away!
My dad is a mastermind! Either way he wins! If I get into a good college, he wins! If I don't, he gets my IS, thereby winning again! DOH! Well, guess I better actually WORK this school year =)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm 28..hope that's still considered young. I'm a systems consultant for an enterprise software company.

Prior to my IS300 I had a totally tricked out Eclipse Spyder (body kit, turbo, intercooler, rims etc). I killed my warranty on that car and had the car became very expensive to maintian.

Still waiting for my IS300 to come in. But I have no major plans on upgrading the IS with aftermarket parts that will affect warranty....learned my lesson on the previous car!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
30 Participants
Russell
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing