Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
manawar300 said:
03's are clipped on....other years no
correction.. '02 and up are clipped on so they are removable. '01's are not removable. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
I want to do the opposite I want to buy the Altezza grill and throw on the L :D

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
The "L" from the stock grille can't be transplanted onto the Altezza grille. You're going to have to buy a trunk emblem for that....costs around $20 and comes with the necessary adhesive.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
put an L from the trunk on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My L emblem popped off my 2002 IS stock grille and I am left with a hole. What are my options without having to buy an entire new grille? Can I buy altezza and/or L emblems which will fit the slots? The dealer said lexus does not sell replacement emblems for these fills.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All of you guys are talkin out your tailpipes. 2002 and up have removable L's in the grill. And any grill you order for the IS300 AKA Altezza, can be retrofitted with either the L or the A emblems. If you remove the L from the grill you will see the outlined shape of the emblem that goes on the Altezzas which are sold in Japan. It is this simple guys, the cars are made identical with the exception of steering mount side, powertrain, and of course marketing trim. They are both Toyotas, but what is important is they are genuine JAPANESE Toyotas, not domestic American toyotas such as 4-runners and tacomas. The only cars that America and Japanese Toyotas share are the Rav4 and Corolla.

·
Registered
22 Posts
they may be removable (although the dealer will tell you otherwise), but you can't buy replacement L's anywhere as far as I know

·
Registered
422 Posts
You're correct. I tried in vane to get an L emblem for my grill after I went back to stock. It is 1 part # - grill w/ emblem.

With that said, the L that comes on the 02 and up stock grill is removable, it was kinda a bitch but with a dremel tool, you can grind the plastic along the sides of the emblem to fit nicely on the altezza grill bars, I had to use plastic ties to attach it though, and file down the clips on back of emblem a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts