Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Id say forced indution on a winter car is a bit nuts..I have never seen snow tho so i wouldnt know...Id say be REEEEEEEL careful and enjoy the wheelspin..... :crazy:
-Matt

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Couldn't you just run low boost on a t/c... and I've heard rumors that the toyomoto sc comes with an electroclutch so you can turn it on and off... dunno where I heard that so don't quote me, but that would solve your winter driving problems.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've only taken my car through the snow once and that was long before boost. I was heading through Tyson's on 7( for the locals who see this )and had to stop for a redlight. I had the "snow" feature on and it took me about 50' to get any form of traction, if you can call it that. I stopped at the next light, and I guess I gave an 1/8" more throttle than I should have and wham, car is sideways. This happened once again and I decided to go home. There was only 1/2" of snow on the ground.

M+S tires may help, but I don't have those either. When its icy or when it snows, I stay home or get a ride. Wish I had a beater.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
DarkStorm said:
I've only taken my car through the snow once and that was long before boost. I was heading through Tyson's on 7( for the locals who see this )and had to stop for a redlight. I had the "snow" feature on and it took me about 50' to get any form of traction, if you can call it that. I stopped at the next light, and I guess I gave an 1/8" more throttle than I should have and wham, car is sideways. This happened once again and I decided to go home. There was only 1/2" of snow on the ground.

M+S tires may help, but I don't have those either. When its icy or when it snows, I stay home or get a ride. Wish I had a beater.
Dude, get snow tires- I bought a set of 16" rims + snow tires shipped from Tirerack for like $800 last season, and my car made it up through the mountains of WV to snowshoe (lodge 1 mile high on the summit) and back. It snowed all week while we were there, and I still was able to get the car UP and DOWN the appalachain mountains on snow-covered roads.

With just my summer tires on, I couldn't even get out of my driveway.

They make a HUGE difference.

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
Ditto on the snow tires.
Before you drive on snow/icy road on summer tires, think about it:
others have tried and failed meserably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.