Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are on 18's. Im planning on buying 18" wheels but i want some good sticky tires to go with them. Im not sure which way to go, I was looking at Michelin PS2 but thats atleast about $1000 for all four :jawDrop: idk. so if you know of any good sticky tires moderately priced (750-800 for all four) let me know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Toyo Proxes... we just upgraded our tires/wheels and I immediately felt a difference with the new tires -- not that my old tires (Perellis) were bad, they were great, but I like these a lot more. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do they handle in the wet? im up here in the NE and i need tires that can handle good in both wet and dry situations. im not a very aggressive driver, although i do occasionally like to treat myself to 50mph corners but i want to be able to do it without wrapping myself around a tree.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, it's only rained once (brief shower, nothing big) since we got these tires on. But I had them on a previous car as well and I have never had any problems with them (same goes for the Perellis, they were good in the rain too). I *am* an aggressive driver, even in the rain, and they've been able to stand up to anything I dished out. :)

Reactions: NVMYlex

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
TireRack shows 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's for $188 each.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Absolutely love them. They are the best in the wet... literally. In the dry they are ranked maybe 2nd to only the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R hands down it is like 190 per tire from tire rack has the strongest sidewall ive driven

·
Registered
960 Posts
Daily I have Goodyear F1 All Seasons and have not had any issues in the rain or dry on normal driving. they will break lose if I get on them pretty hard. But for the most part, they stick pretty well.

I'll probably try a different brand once it's time to replace them. I'm running 225/40/18s in front and 255/40/18s in the rear. Not a single complaint besides the tread pattern is a little boring. haha

I'm limited on tires by the random sizes I'm currently running. And I got my tires through my work(MoPar Parts). ;)

My friend has Falken Azenis Rt615s on his 17x9s on his STi and they are good in the dry and wet but SUCK in the snow!

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
I always use Nitto or Toyo... I will try Falken next.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Bridgestone RE-01R

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Daily I have Goodyear F1 All Seasons and have not had any issues in the rain or dry on normal driving. they will break lose if I get on them pretty hard. But for the most part, they stick pretty well.
I just want to make sure everybody realizes that the Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons and the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's ARE NOT THE SAME TIRE!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ive ran toyo proxes 4 and bf goodrich gforce kdw's. the bfgoodrich were a little better than the proxes but they are both way better than the kumho ones im running now.

Reactions: NVMYlex

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
nitto 555r's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts