Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2003 Lexus IS300 Sportcross in December of 2020, I was originally looking for a IS300 but my dad convinced me into buying a GS300, which I later on decided to buy a Sportcross that was in Ohio, drove it back home 9 hours in Virginia. I spent some money fixing it and doing some small mods. With almost 180k miles now I think it was worth it. I ended up selling my GS300 not too long ago.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Not in the US, but i previously had an AS200 (Altezza Gita 2L) but as the kids got bigger and was hauling more stuff around i decided i wanted a bit more power, but liked the way the Gita handled and the fact i could work on them pretty easy when needed. Flicked off the AS200 before the miles got too high and bought an AS300 (Gita 3L).
Kids stopped coming out with us old folks and left home since, but cant bring myself to sell it yet. I'm still liking the power and handling, but not so much the gas consumption compared to the wife's runabouts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not in the US, but i previously had an AS200 (Altezza Gita 2L) but as the kids got bigger and was hauling more stuff around i decided i wanted a bit more power, but liked the way the Gita handled and the fact i could work on them pretty easy when needed. Flicked off the AS200 before the miles got too high and bought an AS300 (Gita 3L).
Kids stopped coming out with us old folks and left home since, but cant bring myself to sell it yet. I'm still liking the power and handling, but not so much the gas consumption compared to the wife's runabouts.
Hey man, atleast you still have a AS300! But my Sportcross literally EATS gas lol. I pay almost $60 a fill up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you are also the youngest Sportcross owner right?

+1, my car has mainly sat for the past few years.
Yeah I believe so that I am the youngest sportcross owner, started by reselling sneakers at 13, 2 years later bought myself a Sportcross once I got my driver's permit. I just turned 16 2 months ago and I should be getting my license this year! Can't wait to drive my sportcross alone lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I believe so that I am the youngest sportcross owner, started by reselling sneakers at 13, 2 years later bought myself a Sportcross once I got my driver's permit. I just turned 16 2 months ago and I should be getting my license this year! Can't wait to drive my sportcross alone lol.
Also I do drive my sportcross almost everywhere my mom or dad go lol. Whenever my mom goes to get groceries I go with her and drive my sportcross there lol, love driving it. She's at over 180,000 miles atm. When I bought it in 2020 it had 178,400 in december

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hey man, atleast you still have a AS300! But my Sportcross literally EATS gas lol. I pay almost $60 a fill up.
At least gas is cheap in the US, most places around the world petrol is taxed pretty heavily. We pay about US$90 per fill here for 95RON

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got mine in August 2017 I think. Talked the guy down to 4200, and been in live with it ever since. Super fun daily. Got 160k on it, all timing belt stuff done, vvt pulley, radiator, brakes, tires. Waiting on coilovers right now.

Still looking for a tan cargo cover(hatch side skinny one). Cargo covers are hard to get.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got mine in August 2017 I think. Talked the guy down to 4200, and been in live with it ever since. Super fun daily. Got 160k on it, all timing belt stuff done, vvt pulley, radiator, brakes, tires. Waiting on coilovers right now.

Still looking for a tan cargo cover(hatch side skinny one). Cargo covers are hard to get.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You could get new ones from the dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts