Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could't find much on the Eibach Sportline. Can anyone who has them post some pics and some info in them? Like hows the ride and and how stiff it is, and whether is bouncy or not, and how much you payed.

thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got mine off of Ebay for $260. I installed the Eibach sways at the same time and love the ride now. As far as bumpiness/stiffness, iI believe it actually rides close to stock.

The only problem is that I was hoping to have a little bit stiffer of a ride, so I'll be moving to aftermarket shocks in the near future to get a slightly stiffer ride.

I really like the look now too. I think it will look even better once upgrading to 18's.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Wow that looks sick!

You could try painting the wheels black. Mine look badass.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
nestorlinks said:
I got mine off of Ebay for $260. I installed the Eibach sways at the same time and love the ride now. As far as bumpiness/stiffness, iI believe it actually rides close to stock.

The only problem is that I was hoping to have a little bit stiffer of a ride, so I'll be moving to aftermarket shocks in the near future to get a slightly stiffer ride.

I really like the look now too. I think it will look even better once upgrading to 18's.

Some mad camber on that front wheel!

·
Registered
547 Posts
nestorlinks said:

And to think those are stock rims - that car looks so tight!

sISp

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone...

As far as the camber...I haven't gotten it aligned yet since dropping it. I need to real soon though before the tires start wearing un-evenly. I'll post more pics in a seperate thread later.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
So what is the total drop for these Eibachs?? Looks like >1.75".

·
Registered
160 Posts
eibach says 1.4", i would say it's pretty close to that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i also dropped mine with sportline and i love the looks and the ride. it could've been better if they were just a bit more stiff. anyway, there's one problem though. i can't find any camber kits for is300. i've ordered "so-called-camber-kit-for-is300" from OBX, but they didn't even fit in the hole. i've also ordered "IS300 camber kit" from other company, but they were actually for the ES300. so i recommend you guys to look for the camber kit before even buying Sportline. oh yeah, let me know if you guys find the camber kits for is300, thanks!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
xorb79 said:
i also dropped mine with sportline and i love the looks and the ride. it could've been better if they were just a bit more stiff. anyway, there's one problem though. i can't find any camber kits for is300. i've ordered "so-called-camber-kit-for-is300" from OBX, but they didn't even fit in the hole. i've also ordered "IS300 camber kit" from other company, but they were actually for the ES300. so i recommend you guys to look for the camber kit before even buying Sportline. oh yeah, let me know if you guys find the camber kits for is300, thanks!
Cusco make the adsjustable a arms for the front but thats like $300 or something, nothing for the back yet and there probably never will be.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Can some of the current Eibach Sportline owners let us know if these springs settle throughout time??

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have eibachs and I like them a lot. They give a decent drop, somewhere between 1-1.5". The ride is very similar to stock as far as bumps, etc, but cornering is much improved. I don't do anything crazy with my car, like autoX or anything, so this is all feedback regarding street driving.

You shouldn't need a camber kit with these springs, the car can be aligned no problem with these springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts