Lexus IS Forum banner

any regret??

652 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  tony 
Nope. No regrets yet. I actually keep finding that I like the car more and more.

Some random comments:

The auto tranny is awesome. Really. It seems to base the shift points on (among other things) how hard you get into the pedal - and it really works. If you dump it, it basically doesn't shift until redline, and if you're easy into it, you barely notice it shift...

I'm really impressed with the handling - and this is coming from a guy who drives a tweaked miata.
I'm a lot more confident with the car now and man, does it handle. And very predictable and controlable so far - you gotta take the trac control off to have any fun, but it's easier to "catch" than my miata is...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

I've gotten to 130 so far, I need more road...

As for the traction control, it depends on how you're in the turn, I've taken the same turn at different speeds and will sometimes trigger the trac and sometimes not, it's really all in how you nail the turn. Hit the apex just right and it sings through the turn with no trac... But for real fun you've got to turn it off.

I'm trying to decide whether to autox with or without the traction control...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.