Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,881 Posts
Search and read the forum. Sorry, a bit open ended question. Your budget and sound you are looking for. Ebay headers work fine. If you read up. There is not enough difference in performance from the $75.00 to the 1,000.00 header. Design does not make too much ether. But if you read before asking. You would know this. So go search and read first.

·
Registered
2002 IS300
1 Posts
Right now I’m running Injen headers, megan racing cat back, with an injen intake. The sound is perfect and exactly what I want. No super loud but loud if I want to. I still have a cat though.

·
Registered
2002 is300
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search and read the forum. Sorry, a bit open ended question. Your budget and sound you are looking for. Ebay headers work fine. If you read up. There is not enough difference in performance from the $75.00 to the 1,000.00 header. Design does not make too much ether. But if you read before asking. You would know this. So go search and read first.
What are you looking for exactly? The stock parts work fine.
Sorry, the posts I found have outdated links so I didn’t get very far. I have a bad cat so I figured new cat less headers , and while I’m at it throw in an intake and exhaust for a deeper sound nothings too loud and obnoxious. I’d say low to mid range budget. I’m not in a rush to get everything at once but it would be nice to have recommendations. Just new here and figuring everything out.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,039 Posts
Well, you did say "no Ebay", and you also "low budget". But cheapest aftermarket exhaust on Ebay will give you the sound. The more pieces you replace, the louder it gets. So, an axelback is nice, but I think the cheap ones are all catbacks. If you don't need cats where you live, you could just hollow out the insides for free. Or, you could get the cheap Ebay header and make that work. But anything good or decent quality is going to cost a lot of money on this platform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts