Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was just wondering if anybodys car developed any rattles over the years. I know our cars arent like POS TSX's, but someones bound to have a few. I thought I heard some in my car, but it was just like a seatbelt or something. Peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
actually i hvae a rattle already (car <4mo)
on my driver door by the base of the door towards the rear of the car it rattles, usually when i close it but if i open it and tap the area it rattles, ive gotta get it to the dealer if i cant figure it out and have those guys fix it. sounds cheap when it rattles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Yesterday I just found out a rattle on the passenger side was actually seatbelt knocking against the door pillar. Had me worried for 20 minutes to find out where it was and 1 second to fix. :crazy:

I have this incessant creaking sound from the moonroof area starting around 7000 miles, but the dealers were never able to fix it. So I always turn on the radio and it goes away.

Finally, the center dash board (NAV screen, AC, and stereo) clicks a lot when going over bumps. Probably a result of me taking out the head unit several times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,031 Posts
My passenger door rattles like there was something in the map pocket or the recessed area in the door handle. I checked and there was nothing. I guess that's what happens when your suspension is stiff and the car bounces all over the place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sleepy said:
I just found out a rattle on the passenger side was actually seatbelt knocking against the door pillar. Had me worried for 20 minutes to find out where it was and 1 second to fix. :crazy:
:lol: Same thing happened to me, I got really worried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
JDM_SXE-10 said:
My passenger door rattles like there was something in the map pocket or the recessed area in the door handle. I checked and there was nothing. I guess that's what happens when your suspension is stiff and the car bounces all over the place.
there's a screw inside the little slot where you rest your arm on the door. Mine rattled crazy and i saw the screw in there, so i just tightened it and bam its gone :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,061 Posts
No...no rattles.

After I got rear-ended I thought I had a dash rattle. Thankfully, it was just the CD player, which had jammed. Must have been dislodged too. When I got the car back from the shop it was all fixed.

Of course, I don't have that troublesome moon roof... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
38k miles withno rattles so far. Had the driver's front speaker grill rattle, but dealer repaired it.

Suspension squeaks, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
sleepy said:
I have this incessant creaking sound from the moonroof area starting around 7000 miles, but the dealers were never able to fix it. So I always turn on the radio and it goes away.

3000 miles and I have it...
it's pissing me off :pissed: :bitching:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
sleepy said:
Yesterday I just found out a rattle on the passenger side was actually seatbelt knocking against the door pillar. Had me worried for 20 minutes to find out where it was and 1 second to fix. :crazy:

I have this incessant creaking sound from the moonroof area starting around 7000 miles, but the dealers were never able to fix it. So I always turn on the radio and it goes away.

Finally, the center dash board (NAV screen, AC, and stereo) clicks a lot when going over bumps. Probably a result of me taking out the head unit several times.
Ask the dealer to lubricate the lining of your sunroof,
my dealer gave me the whole tube. after the lubrication, it will stop squaking for at least 4 - 6 months, just lubricate it again when the sound occurs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
On cold mornings I have a rattle that seems to come from the dash tray area. I can usually just give it a little push and it goes away. Only 3000 miles.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top