Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to have a car by the end of Sep. If I can't get into a SportCross (deposit is already down) with 16" all-season tires by then, I'm looking a buying a GS300 instead. Any opinions or experience on/with the GS300???

·
Registered
130 Posts
...it's a very nice ride, it's smooth and reasonably quick for it's size and class. The fit and finish is of the quality you would expect from Lexus. It's not as quick as an IS300, it does not handle as well as an IS300, and it doesn't have the storage space of a Sport Cross. However, it's very enjoyable and it's an excellent cruiser. It also comes in some nice colors and I believe navigation is available as well.

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Syndicate ]

·
Registered
638 Posts
It would be a shame if you can't get the sportcross..I would hold out until I was absolutely sure I could't get one from a dealership somewhere. I am glad I held out for my fully loaded SBM/Black
,hell to track down but I am glad I did. You will be glad when you are driving that sportcross. Being the one of the first ones driving it in the country..awww man the Joy. You guys will get a lot of attention...especially from us sedan owners. I can't wait to see them on the road. Think Sportcross....sportcross...sportcross...You will be in one before ya know it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drove a 01 GS300 a few months back and all I can say is.. it SUCKED! Slow slow slow, sloppy handling, overassisted power steering. As fun as driving a bowl of mush. If you are going to get the GS, go with the 430. Otherwise get the IS300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts