Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one with drag slicks?
i was looking around but couldnt find anything that looked like it would fit. i also did a search here but found nothing.
if anyone has some one thier car whats the size brand size of wheel if not stock?
also is it possible to move down to a 15" wheel in the rear beacuse thats the only way i could see fitting any of the drag slicks i have found

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Here's another.. http://my.is/forums/f95/255-50-mt-et-streets-now-pics-314593/

Try a search on "drag radials" or "drag".

I had pages of stuff show up.

If you're looking for actual "slicks" it might be a little more difficult. The smallest I've seen anyone put out back is a 16" to fit over the brakes. If you wanted to convert the rear brakes then you could go smaller.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
If you are looking to do ET streets, not the DR but the slick, you are probably gonna want to do 26x10.5x16 ET's on FD3S RX7 wheels. They are probably the best bang for the buck since the wheels only weigh 13lbs each. These are tube tires, so you are gonna need to take them to a shop that has experience mounting tires with tubes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here's a pic of my ET streets 26x10.5x16.

Like everyone says, its the best bang for the buck and the RX7 wheels are light (13lbs) a piece like phil said. But you dont need to use tubes unless you plan on droping the tire pressure less than 12psi. I had a buddy of mine mount them for me, and you have to be careful not to strech the tire when filling w/ air. It tells you what pressure you should fill to and just make sure you dont over fill.

Hope you find a good set man it makes a world of difference.

Eric J.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
^ are you dropped? and do you rub at all?
i have some coming in this week. (rx7 wheels w/ MT ET streets)
mines are 255/50/16

im wondering if they will rub. im dropped on tein s techs.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am dropped on eibach prokit and tociko shocks (aprox. 1.5" total) and the fenders are rolled in the back, and I dont rub at all. You may have to do some minor rolling of the fender but thats it.

Eric J.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey Mark it looks good man, have you been able to run at the track at all, yet?

Eric J.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
thats on my friend danny271's ride...he ran a low 12 with them on only 14psi of boost....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts