that is for a Supra 2JZ-GTE motor...not for an IS300

is there much of a differnce?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
DrDoS said:
is there much of a differnce?
yup...different heads, etc etc etc

read and search, this question has been asked many times over the past 5 years...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tsopranoMB said:
yup...different heads, etc etc etc

read and search, this question has been asked many times over the past 5 years...

could you be a lil more specfic or link me to a thread where it comeptly tell's me why?

only thing i could think is differnt is the VVT-i.

·
Registered
226 Posts
you sir do not listen......if this manifold worked then we would be able to bolt up the many NA-T turbo kits available for the supra but it DOES NOT and searching will not kill you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
DrDoS said:
could you be a lil more specfic or link me to a thread where it comeptly tell's me why?

only thing i could think is differnt is the VVT-i.
The flanges are different. Runners position are different.
JPI

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I S Stock said:
you sir do not listen......if this manifold worked then we would be able to bolt up the many NA-T turbo kits available for the supra but it DOES NOT and searching will not kill you.
So could you buy the NA-T supra kits and then simply change the manifold ;) HAHAHA.. <- now I got you thinking about that one.. didn't I?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now if you were to swap out the head with a TT head. now it would work would it not?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
DrDoS said:
now if you were to swap out the head with a TT head. now it would work would it not?
no because then the intake manifold wouldnt fit....without major modifications.....and then you would need standalone engine management...etc etc etc etc

look at www.turboeast.com , IS300 specific

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I S Stock said:
NA-T Manifolds DO WORK WITH THE IS, since N/A-T Supras USE THE 2JZ-GE MOTOR. 2JZ-GTEs cant be N/A-T, since they were never N/A to begin with.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tsopranoMB said:
no because then the intake manifold wouldnt fit....without major modifications.....and then you would need standalone engine management...etc etc etc etc

look at www.turboeast.com , IS300 specific

thank you for the link.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMPRIMIS said:
All could have been found with a search there are more IS300 specific kits

yes i know you are righte. and please excuse my lazizenes and noobism for searching. but i am trying to peice together a cuztom turbo kit built for responce rather then crazy power. And trying to keep it cost effecent. The ones on the web are very expensive. And i think i could get away cheaper if i were to peice it together my self.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
DrDoS said:
yes i know you are righte. and please excuse my lazizenes and noobism for searching. but i am trying to peice together a cuztom turbo kit built for responce rather then crazy power. And trying to keep it cost effecent. The ones on the web are very expensive. And i think i could get away cheaper if i were to peice it together my self.

good luck :lol:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
No problem, cause you will need it believe me :lol:

Words never to use together

Cheap/IS300/Turbo

Not ever going to happen, but more power to you man....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts