Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my father is planning on buying a RX300, but after doing some research that new Acura MDX is a way better deal.
Anyone own a RX300 and can tell me the pros and cons?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I won a 2000 RX and it drives sooooo smooth. The 2001 now has a navi with xenon, but it cost a bit more. However the name and reliability is above Acura. Are you looking strictly at SUVs?

·
Registered
292 Posts
i love the RX... i think RX should be the Motor Trend SUV of the year not MDX just my options... oh well...

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
My Dad bought the RX late on the same day I got my IS...sweet car. The ride is outstanding and the interior is very refined...the price tag is steep and the Nav system could be better...all in all I think it is a sweet ride but there are better deals out there....what about the new Audi SUV-hybrid - roughly the same price.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like the rx alot. Its the most sedan like suv out there. The mdx, although it might seem like a better deal, is very ugly and I have read many bad reviews of it. And a friend of mine flipped their rx300 and it rolled 3 times and nobody was hurt, so you can be sure its safe. And she is the worst driver ever, so it doesnt have anythign to do with the car

·
Registered
138 Posts
My mom has a 2000 rx300. The inside is very comfortable. I like the jeep look over mb's van look. I think we baught it for 38k out the door. It's a nice SUV, very smooth.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, I have an '01 IS300 and a '99 RX300. Umm, the RX is nice...smooth ride, nice handling, good cornering, nice sound system...I like the car...just not fast enough.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My friend just got the new MDX and it is very nice. We test drove the RX 300 and in my opinion the MDX has a lot more to offer at a cheaper price.

I am not in the market for an SUV, but if I were, I would go with the MDX. The only thing is you have to get the touring package on the MDX and I would also add running boards. The side of the MDX is plain and the running boards are really needed.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
My Dad bought the RX late on the same day I got my IS...sweet car.
If my dad goes with the RX, I plan on getting the IS at the same time to get a discount. Did you get a discount when you bought the cars at the same time?
By the way, i'm 18, and can afford the car easily with the job i currently have. Have the "ok" from dad to get it but not from MOM. Any of you guys have any ideas how I can persuade MOM to letting me get one?

[This message has been edited by Eddy (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
204 Posts
THE X5 is a POS.
It got stuck in the first rock of an off road review. BMW should stick to the road IMO. The Lexus trucks are really nice but I have to give credit to the MDX they really put out a nice SUV there. The RX is becoming a ME TOO truck out here in NJ.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
2001 IS300 (Silver)
1999 RX300 (Red)

I like the RX. However, test drive other SUV for cornering. That is one thing I'm not sure it's better at.

After not driving the RX for about 2 months, I took it on the highway and felt really strange after driving the IS. It felt much more unstable than I had remembered. Go test drive the IS and the Acura on the highway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The RX is a GIRLS car! I'm amazed no one has addressed the issue yet. Who wants to ride around with the "Is he or isn't he?" stigma that is constantly associated with that SUV? I'm not making this sh*t up either as I've seen the same sentiment on several other automotive forums. That RX looks like a bloated puppy. The MDX ain't no beauty queen in itself, but it doesn't scream, "Yoohoo, I'm light in the loafers!" either.

Get a real man's SUV for God's sake!

Like a muddafuggin rock!

Hey, domestics blow, but nobody's gonna mistake you for a peter puffer in a beast like the Tahoe.

On the plus side, you can now get the Special Edition RICEX 300 that comes with Altezza tails. I sh*t you not. Has anyone seen the new tails on the 2001 RX300?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by droideka:

On the plus side, you can now get the Special Edition RICEX 300 that comes with Altezza tails. I sh*t you not. Has anyone seen the new tails on the 2001 RX300?

I've seen it. There is one at my school, a white one, but the first time i saw it was when i was watching Monday Night Football last week and saw the Lexus RX300 commercial and said..WHAT THE F*#? I still like the old tail lights better.

PS: Whats wrong with the RX300 being a chick car? The chances of a hot girl coming to talk to you about your car is higher and if you're smooth enough, get a date

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by Eddy:
PS: Whats wrong with the RX300 being a chick car? The chances of a hot girl coming to talk to you about your car is higher and if you're smooth enough, get a date
If that works, than more power to 'em, but when a couple of hot chicks at work comment on how fey they think the RX is that's a bad omen IMO.

[This message has been edited by droideka (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Mack:
MDX is an incredible SUV. If I hadn't bought the IS, I probably would've bought the MDX.
Tony,

I see you are from Orlando. What color and where do you live?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
20 Participants
Lexus_IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing