Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up...

Usually I am on the midwest thread because I am from Cincinnati but I will be in the Mission Viejo area for about 4 weeks soon. Just wondering if you guys new of any places I should definately check out or anything. Newport beach I hear is very nice. Just basically looking for things to do in my free time. I will not have the Lex but will have rent-a-car. Thanks in advance!!

Steve

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Eeks 300 said:
Whats up...

Usually I am on the midwest thread because I am from Cincinnati but I will be in the Mission Viejo area for about 4 weeks soon. Just wondering if you guys new of any places I should definately check out or anything. Newport beach I hear is very nice. Just basically looking for things to do in my free time. I will not have the Lex but will have rent-a-car. Thanks in advance!!

Steve
im just down the freeway from MV.
theres not much out here.
shop, i guess...
the shops at Mission Viejo
South Coast Plaza (in costa mesa, oops i mean south coast metro0
Fashion Island (in Newport Beach)

hang outs and stuff:
Irvine Spectrum (some shopping, some bars, movies)

the OC sucks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I would say the weather is a helluva lot better thats for sure :lol: It was snowing as I flew out. I saw a white IS that looked really good today on Lake Forest Dr. It was white with body kit, exhaust, roof spoiler. License plate LEXUS 01. Dont know if your on here but damn nice car man...

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Eeks 300 said:
Well I would say the weather is a helluva lot better thats for sure :lol: It was snowing as I flew out. I saw a white IS that looked really good today on Lake Forest Dr. It was white with body kit, exhaust, roof spoiler. License plate LEXUS 01. Dont know if your on here but damn nice car man...
wasnt me. but whoa. you're in my hood.
i drive a white IS on 19s with JIC FLT-A2 drop, HKS CF-Ti and a real CF grill. almost thought it was me for a second.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
if you've got some time, you might want to cruise PCH for a bit, esp since the weather's been kinda good. newport and huntington are scenic, if you want to check out some beach cities. there are some nice restaurants, as well as bars along PCH in newport. i think there might some annual crystal cove run on new year's day as well. i don't remember where i saw that posted...supposedly all these exotic cars are going to be there...that might be pretty cool. :D

around huntington pier/main street, there are also some more casual bars, restaurants. duke's is pretty cool. wahoo's has good food. there are a lot of other restaurants/bars i'm not even mentioning. it's worth checking out on a nice day.

if you've got a free weekend day, i would recommend driving down to SD. you're really not that far from SD since you're in south OC. that is my fav drive of all time. cruising down the 5 fwy, with the ocean on your right-hand side. on a clear day, it can't get any more beautiful than that! you'll be wishing you had your IS though, instead of a rental (unless you've got a convertible?).

alright, i'm getting too sappy, so i'll stop. :lol:

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
if you've really got time to be driving around, take a drive NORTH on PCH. as you get close to norcal the view is awesome... plus the road is really curvy and treacherous.. oh wait.. you don't have your IS.. :bitching: 8)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info...

Yeah I hate not having my IS, I got a P.O.S. Chevy Cavalier... lol. Oh well Company is paying for it so...

Yeah I have checked out Laguna Beach and that was very cool. Will probably head up to Newport beach tomorrow and head down to San Diego one of these days. I have been to La Jolla before and that was awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts