Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a shot in the dark, but thought I'd check in after years of being off the site.

I used to organize tons of Malibu Canyon runs... Just curious if any of the old crew is still around... I keep in touch with a few still.

Now I'm in NorCal, and have moved onto the IS350. Maybe an F is next. ;)

Anyway, just saying hello!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i'm going to take a wild guess and say most likely not. i don't know if many guys still have their cars. i sold mine back in late 2010. i still keep in touch with a few of the old school .NETters. love the .NET fam! :bigSmile:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thundercloud... long time! I guess there are 2 left. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Make it 3. I was roaming around during the last years of the .net era. Had to get new username after old email got hacked. Lol its like looking back and seeing if we are still active gang members. Jokes aside friends met during that time were priceless. Good freakin times. Ppl moved outta state, started families, sold cars, and just fell outta touch. Last old school reunion i remember was in super autobachs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha great! Yeah that summed me up... sold car, moved to NorCal, started family...

Coming back to SoCal next Spring to stay... Have an IS350 so still in the IS family...

Hey... is anyone going to The Pursuit 4? I'm going to join the NorCal guys for the Caravan down, and will take my car. 2 weeks! Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Me and Edgy are still modding and showing our cars. I remember the speedzone and rose bowl meets. Those were a lot of fun. I still see Joe Z once in a while. I'll be at the Pursuit as long as it doesn't get too hot.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Im still not sure if ill head out to the pursuit. Lol like all the oldschool peeps. I started family and wife is 8 mo pregnant. Heat drains out my wifes energy and aggrevates all those symptoms. So if all looks good ill take a drive out. Im surprised I still have time for all the car scene still......sigh this was alot easier when I was younger lol. Time flies

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmm... I guess I'm considered an old school My.ISer then , just got in once IS300.net was renamed , I'll be at The Pursuit 4 :approve:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Awesome guys! Glad to see a few still around. Hope to see you guys at the Pursuit 4. I'll be down from NorCal. Will be great to catch up!

My car looks like this (with a child seat in the back).

My old IS at one of our Malibu Canyon runs

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post your photo updates! We'll have a mini-meet within a meet!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
old school . netters are still around. I can vouch for 3 ole boys.

BlacksportD > still has his is3

whitelex03 > on his 3rd Is3

black86> on his 2nd is3

and I still have my 02 onyx.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
old school . netters are still around. I can vouch for 3 ole boys.

BlacksportD > still has his is3

whitelex03 > on his 3rd Is3

black86> on his 2nd is3

and I still have my 02 onyx.
You guys should come down and make it a .net reunion on 9/14 in Anaheim. Great place to catch up:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^^ Thanks, it's Ryan right? It didn't go to well for me at the last lexus event in santa anita; when ISF was being unveiled. Got thrown out for being way too aggressive with my driving haha.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
i did a lot of lurking and learning during the is300.net days, using what I picked up from you OG guys to finish my 01, going to hand it down to the son here shortly.... or may not, LoL.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm still here, 10 years now. Thinking about selling though but probably won't go Lexus again. I just hate automatics and that's all you can get now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
im still here I have less than a year being turbo on my is300,

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
i'm going to take a wild guess and say most likely not. i don't know if many guys still have their cars. i sold mine back in late 2010. i still keep in touch with a few of the old school .NETters. love the .NET fam! :bigSmile:

Hi Ester!!

I'm still around. Sorta.... I don't visit the site as much, but I still have my good old trusty '01!

I just hit 99k miles... After 12 years. LoL

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know this is an old post, but jus wanted to check in on the OG page. Haha....hope everyone is well. Still have my blue 02, hasn't changed much. :)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
checking in.. mostly for help once in a blue moon :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts