Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone know when they are going to change the IS? I heard it was supose to be 2004, but so far I havnt seen anything. :-?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My local dealer told me that there will be no body or drivetrain changes made until 2005. The only changes are going to be the addition of a memory driver's seat, new colors, an oil change warning light, and one other small thing that I can't remember. This came from a memo from Lexus.

That's all I have heard...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Forgive me if this has already been posted since I don't check these forums anymore...

src: http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_article000175132.cfm

IS 300 (Preliminary)

* 3 New Colors
* Bluestone Metallic (8N6) [9/03 production; replaces Solar Yellow (576)]
* Indigo Ink Pearl (8P4) [8/03 production; replaces Intensa Blue Pearl (8N8)]
* Savannah Metallic (4R4) [8/03 production; replaces Cibola Gold Metallic (585)]

* Driver's Seat Memory
* 2-position seat memory for driver's seat (set w/ optional power seats)
* Controls slide position, front/rear vertical cushion position, and recline angle
* Memory control buttons are located to left of steering wheel (e.g. coin holder area)

* Smoked Gray Lights
* The headlights, fog lights, and taillights are all finished in smoked gray (for both sedan and SportCross)

* Speed-Sensitive and Shift-Linked Automatic Door Lock/Unlock

* New 11-Spoke Wheel
* Optional 11-spoke wheel (from Sport Design) available w/ summer and all-season tires for both sedan and SportCross

* New Mist-Type Front Washer Nozzle
* Shortened spray time and improved visibility during spray

* New Interior Accents
* Bright Silver replaces Dark Silver for:
* Window switch-surround
* Chronograph gauge and instrument cluster background
* Climate control dial rings
* Audio volume/tuning rings
* Steering wheel stitching, logo, and bezel bar
* Black replaces Dark Silver for:
* Audio plate surround
* A/T housing plate surround (soft feel paint)

* New Storage Compartment for non-NAV models
* New storage compartment with spring-loaded retractable lid is located in place of NAV for those models not equipped with NAV

* Audio Changes
* "RDS" and "Type" buttons have been replaced with 2 "Type" buttons to scroll up or down
* "6 DISC CD CHANGER" text has moved from the left of the CD eject button to a larger, more prominent position across the opening cover of the CD slot
* The LCD text display has gone from the use of short bars to smaller dots

* Oil Maintenance Indicator Light
* Blinks upon start-up when mileage interval is between 4500 and 5000 miles
* Stays illuminated when mileage interval exceeds 5000 miles
kmcbride said:
My local dealer told me that there will be no body or drivetrain changes made until 2005. The only changes are going to be the addition of a memory driver's seat, new colors, an oil change warning light, and one other small thing that I can't remember. This came from a memo from Lexus.

That's all I have heard...

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
Arg, this one totally slipped by us.

New site goes up tomorrow (if all goes smoothly), and I will make this a news article on the homepage then.

We need a "SPY" correspondant for the site. Anyone have insider sources who wants to step up for the job? ;)

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
Oh, and that "Oil Indicator Light" sounds friggin annoying.

Sounds like a good candadite for a wiring rig. ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
man i hate the current grey / brown plasic we have, silver will be way better......

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts