Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying IS300, but want manual transmission.
Anybody knows when it is scheduled to come to US? And what will it be 5-speed or 6-speed manual?

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So far i've only hear that we're getting a 5speed. The 6speed in the Altezza supposidly can't handle the torque in inline 6.(I read that somewhere, but can't remember where)

·
Registered
14 Posts
the IS will come with the 5 speed manual sometime early next year and this you can confirm with the lexus dealer i believe.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
The 2002 model will offer a 5 speed manual when it comes out in Sept. 2001. It's not likely to come out for 2001 models, though it's possible. I wouldn't believe dealers, if they knew, we'd know.

Originally posted by z guy:
the IS will come with the 5 speed manual sometime early next year and this you can confirm with the lexus dealer i believe.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
September 2001? I heard more like May 2001 along with when the new SC430 will come out and it will be a MY2002....

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
5 Speed is basically a sure thing. 6 speed is highly unlikely.

I have heard that the 5 speed will come for the 2002 model year (e.g. September 2001), but also "early 2001", so the exact month is still not known to me (for sure).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not to spread any rumors but...one of the dealers here (I believe Lexus of Bellevue)said that the IS will come out with a manual in Feb. but they're not calling it a 2001 and a half model either. Then again, dealers are often if not always full of sh!t anyway. We'll just have to keep waitin.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
New models usually come out early, which is why the SC430 will come out in May, but the 2002 IS300 will come out in Sept. with the other 2002 Lexus models that aren't brand new. I hope Feb. comes true, but I doubt it.

Originally posted by Chris Y:
September 2001? I heard more like May 2001 along with when the new SC430 will come out and it will be a MY2002....

-Chris Y.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts