Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I'm ready to take the plunge on an intake. With AREA 51 MIA it seems like the SRT unit is by far the most popular on this board. Being new to mods (All I have so far is the L-Tuned exhaust) this forum has been a great source of info. I talked to a guy from SRT yesterday and they have a special price (I guess) going on right now so I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Before I do is there any negative aspects to this exhaust. I've heard it's fairly quiet until you open it up which is good since the wife drives it sometimes. Oh BTW in case anyone cares SRT told me the CARB certification process should be completed anytime now.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
it will void your warranty because if you come in to lexus and there is a prob with something to do wit the ecu they will see that you soterd the race ecu onto it. hense voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
199 Posts
IS300GTR said:
it will void your warranty because if you come in to lexus and there is a prob with something to do wit the ecu they will see that you soterd the race ecu onto it. hense voiding the warranty.
IS that true?... i keep hearing they(dealer) has to prove the mod caused the problem to void the warranty

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
enfatu8 said:
IS that true?... i keep hearing they(dealer) has to prove the mod caused the problem to void the warranty
If there is a problem with the ECU..and they see that you've spliced it..that means that the mod is a pretty big factor w/ whats wrong w/ the ecu..

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have any problems just remove your mods and then take it in. Its not that much of a hassle. Lexus hasn't said anything about mine and they've gone over my car a few times since I put it in.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
enfatu8 said:
If there is a problem with the ECU..and they see that you've spliced it..that means that the mod is a pretty big factor w/ whats wrong w/ the ecu..
HAHA.. only if you do an amatuer ghetto splice :lol: Think befoer you cut :roll:

I cant even tell I ever spliced into my ECU. I do "007" type installs.
BTW... My dealer thought it was very cool looking and loved it. Unfortunately I service my own car now, so they never gonna see it :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
It depends on the specific Dealer.I've had no problems with my dealership except them wanting to driving my car 19 miles for tire rotation and fixing some annoyin squeaks.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
enfatu8 said:
IS300GTR said:
That is correct sir :wink:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mike12 said:
He quoted me $550 shipped. Not sure if that's any kind of deal or not.
thats no deal , that full price

i saw carson toyota selling it way cheaper

the plp is only a few horses less. and less than half the price
and no splicing , so why would anyone want this at this stage in the game

PLP
Increased rwhp: +8.7rwhp
SRt is like 12

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
mokujin101 said:
Mike12 said:

PLP
SRt is like 12
$550 is nowhere near full price. Retail or "full" price is $695. Carson Toyota sold the intake at $519, not really "way" cheaper.

Nice job to compare the max rwhp of the PLP to the min rwhp of the SRT to skew the facts.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
crontab said:
$550 is nowhere near full price. Retail or "full" price is $695. Carson Toyota sold the intake at $519, not really "way" cheaper.

Nice job to compare the max rwhp of the PLP to the min rwhp of the SRT to skew the facts.

-crontab -l
The SRT's dyno has a gain of about 14 rwhp..not 22 like they claim.

·
Registered
973 Posts
crontab said:
mokujin101 said:
Mike12 said:

PLP
SRt is like 12

-crontab -l
are you trying to compare crank HP to Rwhp???

i know u are not stupid enough to think u get 22rwhp with SRT

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
mokujin101 said:
crontab said:
mokujin101 said:
Mike12 said:

PLP
SRt is like 12

-crontab -l
are you trying to compare crank HP to Rwhp???

i know u are not stupid enough to think u get 22rwhp with SRT
Did I ever mention the supposed 22 hp increase stated from SRT? Nope. Learn to read buddy, don't assume. I never stated any figure from any intake. Just critisized your distorted remark max rwhp vs. min rwhp, nothing more, nothing less. Any more assumptions kiddo? heh

-crontab -e

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
crontab said:
Did I ever mention the supposed 22 hp increase stated from SRT? Nope. Learn to read buddy, don't assume. I never stated any figure from any intake. Just critisized your distorted remark max rwhp vs. min rwhp, nothing more, nothing less. Any more assumptions kiddo? heh

-crontab -e
Dood..the max rwhp is about 14...so 12.7 ain't that far off...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
16 Participants
Swift Racing Technologies
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing