Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there are any musicians around here. I am thinking about getting a synth/ keyboard so I can hook it up to the computer and make some cool tunes to play in the IS300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Sampler/Keyboard/Computer/Synth dude over here... Here's a picture of my home studio as it sits behind me now...

And actually, here's a cool tune to play in your IS300 that I did with a friend of mine...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited November 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Guitar player here as well for about 9 yrs.
ESP JH-2
and Fender.
See my bad asp guitar at www.mls77.homestead.com/esp

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited November 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TONY!!!!! give me some advice! Which parts do I need to get started??? I 've never touched electronics music before. ( played some piano and just got an electric guitar last year)

what's the different between keyboard & synth?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
TONY!!!!! give me some advice! Which parts do I need to get started??? I 've never touched electronics music before. ( played some piano and just got an electric guitar last year)
Depends on what you want to do. You can really accomplish alot with just your computer and a digital audio card now.

what's the different between keyboard & synth?
Strictly speaking, a keyboard is anything that has keys and a synth is short for synthesizer that makes sounds which can have a keyboard or be a module of some sort played through midi (or even just a card on a computer).

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
MikeLS .. your link doesn't work.. I have an Ibanez RG series..
Sorry, I missed the .html at the end. Should work now.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I played the violin for 11 years...

sad I know. I'm chinese.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
ok, can you hook a regular keyboard up to the computer?
You can hook a MIDI keyboard up to a computer with a MIDI interface, yes.

what computer program would you recommend?
Again, depends on what you want to do. But most people use a Sequencer + Digital Audio program like Cakewalk Pro Audio. Digidesign has one of their programs available for free now, you can try that.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Thanks man! Yeah it cost me a pretty penny, but worth every one. Music is my second passion behind autos of course. Hopefully I will have more and better pics whenever I get my digital camera.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... er... is that your voice Tony?
I kind of like the effect in the end, sounds like radio head ok computer futuristic

[This message has been edited by chromaplast (edited November 17, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
... er... is that your voice Tony?
I kind of like the effect in the end, sounds like radio head ok computer futuristic
No, that's my friend singing. I did all the music, except the guitar, which he played too.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
funny i'm chinese too

I've played the violin for 29 years, piano for 20, and flute for 17......And you think you're sad!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm Chinese too......

·
Registered
81 Posts
played piano for 8 years and guitar for a few years. i got a fender stratocaster. i really want the kirk hammett (or however ya spell it) custom. too expensive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Classical pianist here. I had my first piano lesson at the age of 40(!), seven years ago. Have played for two weddings and given several solo recitals. Proof that you're never too old to learn ....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts