Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention: IS 300 owners in the DC Metro, Virginia Area...

Wanna get together and start up a cruisin IS 300 club?

------------------
Jebzter
2001 IS300
Slvr/Blk/Carbon Fiber Interior

·
Registered
978 Posts
Jebzter,
I just got my SBM this weekend and would love to meet other IS 300 owners in the area. I wouldn't mind looking at your carbon fiber interior kit either, I just ordered mine. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get it from and how much?

Later.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would like to meet you guys as well.
I've seen like one or two IS' on the
road, but haven't actually met another
owner. I actually attend a couple of
club SI functions and if you guys
are interested... i'm sure you would be
more than welcome.

Marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GRREEAT!

Got the Carbon Fiber Interior courtesy of Lindsay Lexus...was lucky to have a generous salesman who made his first Lexus Sale on me.

Where do we meet?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey..was able to reserve my new plates:

"ALTEZZA"

Better hurry up and reserve other names b4 all IS300 owners get them...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm a DC-er, bought mine 6/23

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Solar Yellow Exterior
Black Leather/Escaine
LD/LS/HH/SR/AW
wheel locks, trunk mat

·
Registered
978 Posts
I guess maybe we could all meet up at a Club SI meet? Marlon, when's the next one scheduled and do we need to register or something?

Jebzter, the did the salesman throw in the carbon fiber dash kit, or did you purchase it? When I was negotiating, I asked for it to be thrown in cuz I was paying MSRP already, but he couldn't do anything except knock off $100 the $600 (!) price. I said screw that, and just found a great deal at an online retailer for $160. BTW, I got my SBM IS at Lindsay Lexus too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah - I got it thrown in by the salesman - his first and last.

Is the Aftermarket Carbon Fiber good? Who installed it?

Mine arrived today (tue) and Lexus will be installing it FOC.

Need to go there sometime this week to drop it off.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I got my carbon fiber dash trim kit from www.woodtrim.com . As far as I know, it's the same kit (or very close) to the one that Lindsay Lexus is offering. I'm also getting 3M Scotchcal applied to the hood, 2 side-mirrors, and bumper this Friday. I'd love to show it (and compare our dash kits) to you other DC-area guys when it's done.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Now bear in mind that club SI are for honda civics, but they are very welcoming to others. They tend to have picnics or some sort of gathering monthly. The past one was at burke lake, and I had my IS parked beside a ferrarri and an S2000. I haven't heard anything about a September meet yet.. but when I do... I will keep you all posted.

Marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
978 Posts
Jebzter,
For more info on Scotchcal, check out www.xpel.com . Tons of people have already gotten chips in the front of their IS due to stone and other debris in the road. Apparently the IS may suffer from a thin coat of paint. Anyway, Scotchcal is a 3M prodcut that's a clear film that goes over and protects the paint. It's high quality and hard to see unless you look very hard. Everyone should look into it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, Spectra Blue:

Is Lindsay putting your Scotchcal on or someone else? I haven't been able to find someone to do it here and have been seriously thinking about it because of all the chip reports. Definitely let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Graphite Gray,
No, Lindsay is not doing it. I was able to find a Ziebart Tidycar in Dundalk, MD that will do the installation. There's also a guy in Sykesville, MD that will do it too, much he's charging WAY too much.

Where are you from Graphite Gray?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know it will cost $$ but I recommend bringing it to Lexus to have them installed.

I know the Chief Detailer at Pohanka Lezus and he can install it for you but I have not asked him how much yet.

I had a Lexus ES300 and retrofitted the whole interior with Wood grain finish myselg...the 3M sticks and will not come off unless you pry it off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
10 Participants
IS300Fool
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing