Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other IS owners in the Chicago area or is it just me? I've seen a few. So, I know there are some out there....Mack

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in Naperville but I'm still waiting for the manual tranny. Wazzup...where did you get yours? Any dealings?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine from Lexus of Naperville. Ask for Mike Halloran. He is totally cool. At Arlington they were jacking me around just because I'm young or something. Well i like the aluminum dash. Mine looks the same except i got the carbon fiber dash. We should meet up sometime. I live in Addison. Right next to Lombard...Mack

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live downtown. I had my name on the waiting list at four dealerships and wound up going with Lexus of Orland. Chicago dealers are still selling the IS at MSRP. If you are willing to go out of state you can get $2,000 off. I'm just not sure about the legal implications. By the way, I drive a silver IS and haven't seen another one on the road in the city and suburbs. I've seen two black IS300's (one with tinted glass, the other with the ugly ass standard 16" rims - sorry if it's your car) and a yellow IS.

ELS

·
Registered
666 Posts
MAmornIS,
Since your in Addison/Lombard....
Try dropping by Hanover Park (Barrington and Irving Park).

Every Friday and Saturday night (around midnight) a lot of fixed up imports and domestics hang out there by McDonalds and/or Taco Bell. I personally don't really hang out there (they're mostly young punks (sorry) with nother better to do), but since it's literally 5 seconds away from my place, I always drive by there to check out other people's rides before I go home on a Friday or Saturday night. I like fast rides done up right regardless if they're imports or domestics.

Every week you'll find a bunch of serious 10 second domestics with slicks and all. You'll also get your regular dose of riced up imports as well. Last week there was a new yellow IS300 there as well. On a good night there's up to 50+ cars there.
Dunno what they do though... sit, show off, and talk smack about who's ride is bad or not?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've spoken with Mike at Lexus of Naperville before. He is a pretty decent guy. Did you get anything off sticker from him?? I was there tonight and they have about 7 IS's sitting on their lot including a Spectra Blue. I really wanna buy it tomorrow, but know I should wait for the manual.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I live in the city. Got mine at McGrath. They were really helpful, but all the Lexus dealerships I went to were.

I've seen a yellow one in Naperville, a silver one in Tinley Park (were you there on sunday ELS?), two black ones in the city.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts