Elmhurst Toyota
Horsepowerfreaks
Drag Racing Sponsors
MVP Motorsports
Titan Motorsports (sticker sponsor)
Racing Solutions
Sound Performance
Boost Logic

OK, so you're probably thinking, "what the hell does sticker sponsor mean???" This year, we're allowing the sponsors to "take advantage" of the marketing opportunity more than we have in the past few years. MVP Motorsports has given about $5000 in sponsorship support each year (about $2500 in cash and another $2500 in raffle items) and therefore has primary sticker sponsorship. This means that EVERY car that enters the road racing, dyno day, and drag racing will have a "rear quarter window" size MVP or SF sticker put on their car (on the rear quarter window - right behind the driver and passenger window). In addition, GSC Motorsports, Suprastore.com, and Titan Motorsports will have one of their stickers put on the other window during their respective events. In other words:
Every car that road races will have an MVP or SF and GSC sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every car that dyno's will have an MVP or SF and Suprastore.com sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every car that drag races will have an MVP or SF and Titan Motorsports sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every one of the sponsors had the opportunity to give more money towards sponsoring the meet and GSC, Suprastore, and Titan emailed interest first. As you know, this will make some people unhappy, all I have to say to that is if you don't like the stickers on your car, it's easy to peel them off your rear quarter windows. We would of course prefer that you keep them on to allow the sponsors more "marketing" time. Ok, on to the meet details:

March 18, 2004 - Thursday - Texas World Speedway
We are going to be running the 2.9 mile road course (http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/driving/tws/tws_map.html)
Directions to the track can be found at (http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/drivi...ing_to_tws.html)

Gates will open at 7:30 am
Drivers meeting at 8:30 am
First group on the track at 9am
3 Groups: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced

Beginner: Less than 3 events at TWS, will stay in classroom after drivers meeting for instruction on how to drive the track, then will be teamed up with an instructor and driven around the track to show the line. Will always have an instructor in the car. Will be evaluated through out the day for possible graduation to the Intermediate group. Passing on front and back straight only!

Intermediate: 3- 10 track events at TWS or other track experience. Will have an instructor in car for first session to evaluate performance. After that the instructor may allow solo runs. Passing open on straight-aways with waive by.

Advanced: 10 or more track events, proven experience on the track. No instructor required. Passing Open.

9-9:30am -Advanced
9:30-10am -Intermediate
10-10:30am -Beginner
10:30-11am -Advanced
11:30-12pm -Intermediate
12-12:30pm -Beginner
12:30-1:30pm -Lunch
1:30-2pm -Advanced
2-2:30pm -Intermediate
2:30-3pm -Beginner
3-3:30pm -Advanced
3:30-4pm -Intermediate
4-4:30pm -Beginner
4:30-5pm -Advanced/Intermediate/Beginner

As you can see, each class will get 2 hours of track time. On a 2.9 mile road course, that is A LOT.

Cost for the day will be $150. If you want to road race, you MUST get your check to me by January 15, 2004. If I do not get your check by then, you will NOT be able to road race. I repeat, if you do not send payment to me by January 15, 2004 then you will not be able to road race. I accept money order, checks, and paypal. If you send paypal, then include the $4.50 fee (3%) that I'm responsible for. The payments are NON-refundable (I have to use these payments to pay the deposit on TWS). Also, please include the class you will be racing in.
Send payment to:
Peter Blach
1950 Eldridge Parkway, #15304
Houston, TX 77077
OR
If paypal
[email protected]

Helmets are required (we will have a LIMITED number of helmets to lend to people without one) and we are limiting the number of cars to 60. So make sure you send your payment IMMEDIATELY to secure your spot.

March 19, 2004 - Friday- Racing Solutions Inc. (RSI)
The dyno day will be similar to last year. Each of the sponsors has the opportunity to dyno a "shop" car at the event. Seeing as this is a good marketing tool, i'm sure most of the sponsors will put a car on the dyno. This means that we'll have about 20 spots open for anyone that wants to dyno their car. The cost to dyno will be $30 and you will get 2-3 pulls (i'm flexible here, just don't over do it!). Like last year, I will be running the cars on the dyno, so make sure you are aware of that if you choose to dyno. Unless you are making over 1500 rwhp, I think I can handle your car on the dyno. Payment information for the dyno is the same as for the road racing. I accept check, money order, or paypal (include the $1.00 fee if you use paypal). Spots are limited, so if you want to dyno, get your money to me ASAP, this event is first come first serve.
Send payment to:
Peter Blach
Houston, TX 77077
OR
If paypal
[email protected]

March 20, 2004 - Saturday- San Antonio Raceway (also known as RCR)
It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive to RCR from Houston. THIS SUCKS, but let me tell you the benefits:

1. We will have the track to ourselves, NO OTHER CARS will be running, JUST US

2. They are VERY lenient on the rules, (I.E. you can run without a cage).

3. Look forward to the BIG DOGS such as Titan, PHR/MVP, MSP, Virtualworks, etc... to run at this event. I have commitment from several teams.

4. We will have have the FASTEST and QUICKEST viper in the country here as well some very fast corvette's.

The sponsors are paying BIG bucks for the track, all you pay for is a LITTLE fee to watch or run. Gates open at 9 am, the track will open for racing at 10 am. You will be able to run as many times as you want until about 1 pm. At that time, we will take you guys and put you into your classes. The 4 classes will be as follows:

MK1-MK3 Class - Must have mk1-mk3 motor. If you have a mk3 or lexus with a 2jz-gte then you will be put into the corresponding MK4 classes listed below.

CLASS 1 - MK4 STOCK twins ONLY, no NOS
CLASS 2 - MK4 1 POWER ADDER ONLY, this means either stock twins+NOS, or single turbo's
CLASS 3 - UNLIMITED, run what you brung

Now, each class will have 16 cars. If we can't fill each class with 16 cars, then the fastest in each class will have BYE'S in the first round.

You can pay to run and NOT enter a class, that is OK. Once again, the money you pay will go toward pay out.

In all classes there will be a pay out for the top 3 finishers.

Here is the catch, we will open up the UNLIMITED class to vipers, vettes, rx7s, 300s, etc... just like last year.
The UNLIMITED class will have 16 cars, 8 supras, 8 vettes/vipers/rx7s/300s/etc...

3 rules for the UNLIMITED class:
1. No air shifted transmissions (like a lenko)
2. No alternative fuels (no methanol, alcohol, etc...)
3. If you run slicks, a maximum of 11.5 inch wide cold (trying to prevent Paisley type slicks...).
(If you are running drag radials (such as BFG or Nitto) then any size goes...)

$15 per person to watch, $55 per car to race. You will pay at the gate for this event.

I will be driving down with some supras and wanted to see if anyone else wanted to roll.

so far it appears Me (is3finallymd) and Aldo (Ltuned&boosted) are game

1) IS3Finallymd
2) Ltuned&Boosted

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey Homie.....Not my "Section" here(Mid-Atlantic)...But i'm pretty much game.....I think Randy said he'd check it out if his schedule was cleared.....Hit me with a PM or something....I may be following with a few Supra guys and I know there are a few MD Supra Boys going, it'd be cool to all roll together...

Dan
02' MSM IS300
.....TOYOMOTO Built.....
...BULLISH RACING Enhanced...
....."TOYOMOTO & BULLISH RACING......When you care enough to ONLY use the VERY BEST".....

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i'll be there on saturday!!

so just to clarify - the $55 gets us in and racing, but we don't necessarily have to take the class?? i will take the class anyways, but if you pay at the gate then does that mean its first come first served on the available seats??

and the IS300's would be put into the UNLIMITED class from what it looks like, which means we would be going up against all the bad boyz. :( not fair. but o well.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TX2K4 by MVP - Supra Nationals
EVENT SPONSORS
Primary Sponsor
MVP Motorsports
Road Racing Sponsors
MVP Motorsports
GSC Motorsports (sticker sponsor)
Jay Marks (Champion) Toyota
Dyno Day Sponsors
MVP Motorsports
Suprastore.com (sticker sponsor)
Powerhouse Racing
RPS Performance Products
Elmhurst Toyota
Drag Racing Sponsors
MVP Motorsports
Titan Motorsports (sticker sponsor)
Racing Solutions
Sound Performance
Boost Logic

OK, so you're probably thinking, "what the hell does sticker sponsor mean???" This year, we're allowing the sponsors to "take advantage" of the marketing opportunity more than we have in the past few years. MVP Motorsports has given about $5000 in sponsorship support each year (about $2500 in cash and another $2500 in raffle items) and therefore has primary sticker sponsorship. This means that EVERY car that enters the road racing, dyno day, and drag racing will have a "rear quarter window" size MVP or SF sticker put on their car (on the rear quarter window - right behind the driver and passenger window). In addition, GSC Motorsports, Suprastore.com, and Titan Motorsports will have one of their stickers put on the other window during their respective events. In other words:
Every car that road races will have an MVP or SF and GSC sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every car that dyno's will have an MVP or SF and Suprastore.com sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every car that drag races will have an MVP or SF and Titan Motorsports sticker put on their car (one on each rear quarter window).
Every one of the sponsors had the opportunity to give more money towards sponsoring the meet and GSC, Suprastore, and Titan emailed interest first. As you know, this will make some people unhappy, all I have to say to that is if you don't like the stickers on your car, it's easy to peel them off your rear quarter windows. We would of course prefer that you keep them on to allow the sponsors more "marketing" time. Ok, on to the meet details:

March 18, 2004 - Thursday - Texas World Speedway
We are going to be running the 2.9 mile road course (http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/driving/tws/tws_map.html)
Directions to the track can be found at (http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/drivi...ing_to_tws.html)

Gates will open at 7:30 am
Drivers meeting at 8:30 am
First group on the track at 9am
3 Groups: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced

Beginner: Less than 3 events at TWS, will stay in classroom after drivers meeting for instruction on how to drive the track, then will be teamed up with an instructor and driven around the track to show the line. Will always have an instructor in the car. Will be evaluated through out the day for possible graduation to the Intermediate group. Passing on front and back straight only!

Intermediate: 3- 10 track events at TWS or other track experience. Will have an instructor in car for first session to evaluate performance. After that the instructor may allow solo runs. Passing open on straight-aways with waive by.

Advanced: 10 or more track events, proven experience on the track. No instructor required. Passing Open.

9-9:30am -Advanced
9:30-10am -Intermediate
10-10:30am -Beginner
10:30-11am -Advanced
11:30-12pm -Intermediate
12-12:30pm -Beginner
12:30-1:30pm -Lunch
1:30-2pm -Advanced
2-2:30pm -Intermediate
2:30-3pm -Beginner
3-3:30pm -Advanced
3:30-4pm -Intermediate
4-4:30pm -Beginner
4:30-5pm -Advanced/Intermediate/Beginner

As you can see, each class will get 2 hours of track time. On a 2.9 mile road course, that is A LOT.

Cost for the day will be $150. If you want to road race, you MUST get your check to me by January 15, 2004. If I do not get your check by then, you will NOT be able to road race. I repeat, if you do not send payment to me by January 15, 2004 then you will not be able to road race. I accept money order, checks, and paypal. If you send paypal, then include the $4.50 fee (3%) that I'm responsible for. The payments are NON-refundable (I have to use these payments to pay the deposit on TWS). Also, please include the class you will be racing in.
Send payment to:
Peter Blach
Houston, TX 77077
OR
If paypal
[email protected]

Helmets are required (we will have a LIMITED number of helmets to lend to people without one) and we are limiting the number of cars to 60. So make sure you send your payment IMMEDIATELY to secure your spot.

March 19, 2004 - Friday- Racing Solutions Inc. (RSI)
The dyno day will be similar to last year. Each of the sponsors has the opportunity to dyno a "shop" car at the event. Seeing as this is a good marketing tool, i'm sure most of the sponsors will put a car on the dyno. This means that we'll have about 20 spots open for anyone that wants to dyno their car. The cost to dyno will be $30 and you will get 2-3 pulls (i'm flexible here, just don't over do it!). Like last year, I will be running the cars on the dyno, so make sure you are aware of that if you choose to dyno. Unless you are making over 1500 rwhp, I think I can handle your car on the dyno. Payment information for the dyno is the same as for the road racing. I accept check, money order, or paypal (include the $1.00 fee if you use paypal). Spots are limited, so if you want to dyno, get your money to me ASAP, this event is first come first serve.
Send payment to:
Peter Blach
Houston, TX 77077
OR
If paypal
[email protected]

March 20, 2004 - Saturday- San Antonio Raceway (also known as RCR)
It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive to RCR from Houston. THIS SUCKS, but let me tell you the benefits:

1. We will have the track to ourselves, NO OTHER CARS will be running, JUST US

2. They are VERY lenient on the rules, (I.E. you can run without a cage).

3. Look forward to the BIG DOGS such as Titan, PHR/MVP, MSP, Virtualworks, etc... to run at this event. I have commitment from several teams.

4. We will have have the FASTEST and QUICKEST viper in the country here as well some very fast corvette's.

The sponsors are paying BIG bucks for the track, all you pay for is a LITTLE fee to watch or run. Gates open at 9 am, the track will open for racing at 10 am. You will be able to run as many times as you want until about 1 pm. At that time, we will take you guys and put you into your classes. The 4 classes will be as follows:

MK1-MK3 Class - Must have mk1-mk3 motor. If you have a mk3 or lexus with a 2jz-gte then you will be put into the corresponding MK4 classes listed below.

CLASS 1 - MK4 STOCK twins ONLY, no NOS
CLASS 2 - MK4 1 POWER ADDER ONLY, this means either stock twins+NOS, or single turbo's
CLASS 3 - UNLIMITED, run what you brung

Now, each class will have 16 cars. If we can't fill each class with 16 cars, then the fastest in each class will have BYE'S in the first round.

You can pay to run and NOT enter a class, that is OK. Once again, the money you pay will go toward pay out.

In all classes there will be a pay out for the top 3 finishers.

Here is the catch, we will open up the UNLIMITED class to vipers, vettes, rx7s, 300s, etc... just like last year.
The UNLIMITED class will have 16 cars, 8 supras, 8 vettes/vipers/rx7s/300s/etc...

3 rules for the UNLIMITED class:
1. No air shifted transmissions (like a lenko)
2. No alternative fuels (no methanol, alcohol, etc...)
3. If you run slicks, a maximum of 11.5 inch wide cold (trying to prevent Paisley type slicks...).
(If you are running drag radials (such as BFG or Nitto) then any size goes...)

$15 per person to watch, $55 per car to race. You will pay at the gate for this event.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Ok I am Game for all of this, and it looks like I will make my schedule clear for this.

So let me get this straight.

Road Racing on the 18th of March will cost me $150 to run.

So we are grouped into classes according to skill, in which we will have an instructor w/ us evualating our progress?

Is there any type of race for time going on w/ this?

What are the requirements for racing our car on the track...ie. Parts that our car must have to be able to run?

Will we have to go through a tec inspection?

if so what does it entail, meaning what will I have to do to my car to prepare it for the road course and pass the tech?

Dyno run on the 19th of March will cost me $30 for 2-3 runs...

are there classes for the dyno run?

if so are there prizes for winner in each class?

Will there be C16 race fuel there to use/buy?

Drag Racing on the 20th of March will cost $55 to run

This I can't wait for :D

We will be able to run what we have and not worry about getting booted for running w/o a cage?

What class would I be in?

Lastly I can't wait for this to go down, I am stoked (and very soon to be stroked :wink: ) and will be sending you my check for $205 as soon as I get some answers to the questions. I am not going to dyno but I will be there to watch...

Also in the event that something happens to my car at this meet, like I blow something up, if it is fixable will there be a place to get the car looked at?

Again very excited for all of this.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
This looks incredible, I may go to take pics and vids.....my ES 300 will kill ya'll u don't want none :chill: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.