Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the SRT intake carb cert yet? if not, what intake is carb cert? (new owner and dont know crap sorry)

·
Registered
104 Posts
There's a lot of posts on "CARB" here. Do a search for keyword "carb".

Short answer: Injen:yes ; AEM:yes ; PLP:pending ; SRT:no ; Rod Millen:no

When it comes to CARB, you can generally expect that if the manufacturer is not in California, the product(s) will likely not get a CARB EO #. Injen, AEM, PLP are all in CA. SRT is in MD. Rod Millen is also in CA but they told me they had no plans to get a CARB EO for their intake.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanx for the info. i have another newbie question, what will a race ecu help me on. and is it worth the price

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nvm found that out so what intake do u guys think is better for the IS. aem or injen

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
From what i know: these intakes are carb cert:

K&N typhoon-yes
Injen- yes, or at least, that is what everyone is saying about their intakes now...
AEM- i thought it was discontinued, but i guess they are still making them? I didnt know it was carb certed however.
PLP- NO. not yet.. pending.. everyone is waiting on that sticker..
SRT- NO. Promised carb cert over 1.5 years ago.. i guess its still being tested? lol...

I would suggest the K&N, PLP, or Joe Z intakes. I prefer the PLP/JOEZ style intake myself.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i dont think it matters too much about carb certification especially when u have the PLP because it looks stock so no one will notice it even there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts