Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so upset... was washing my IS as it was really dirty today. There had been these spots on the passenger side of my car which had dried and they looked like mud spots. So I thought they would go away with a zaino wash but they didnt. I washed the area on my hood and the passenger side 4 times but this stuff wouldn't come off. But I could scrape it off with my nails. So I used a wet towel and applied some pressure to remove these spots and lo and behold, the grains from this stuff put fine scratches on my paint job. It seems like I was splashed with cement or a cement like compound that dried. Anyways, these scratches look like streak marks but they are definitely visible. Pisses me off. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? This is basically on my hood and the passenger side of the car and some on the roof. I didn't want to have my baby detailed by someone else but I may have to. Any ideas on the cost, what service, and detailers in teh Bay Area that you would recommend? Any and all suggestion will be a big help. Thanks all. Sad sad day. :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
a scratch remover might help. just stop by your local autoparts store (pepboys, autozone, kragen). and about the mud spots, you should of claybared it off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it was my stupidity and also because I didn't have a clay bar at the time. Does Zaino have a product out there to remove these scratches or any fine scratches? THanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Zaino has the Z5 Swirlmark remover wax. It won't help your situation though. I'd take all that Zaino off, buy a Porter-Cable orbital buffer and go to work with a decent Swirl Remover like 3M's. Buying all this stuff and knowing what your doing is asking a ton.... a better idea might be to take it to a local detail shop. Anyone with any skill on a PC can get surface swirls/scratches out with ease and some consumer dollars.... Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts