Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you have the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and add the Xerd race pipe. How much louder will it be?

I don't want loud at all. The Blitz sounds good as it is, but wonder how much louder it would be if the race pipe was added?

Any sound clips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Not directly answering your question, but my $0.02.

If i remember correctly, the race pipe gets rid of one of the cats, so my guess is that it would definitely make your car louder.

·
Registered
197 Posts
BillR said:
I was wondering if you have the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and add the Xerd race pipe. How much louder will it be?

I don't want loud at all. The Blitz sounds good as it is, but wonder how much louder it would be if the race pipe was added?

Thanks in advance.
Well, i just installed my racepipe a couple of days ago. So as of now i have the PLP intake, blitz exhaust and the racepipe. As far as sound goes, it's not that loud. The racepipe deffinetly adds some volume, but it's not bad at all. When i'm cruising on the freeway, i can't even tell it's there. I think that it compliments the blitz nicely. The only time it gets loud (although not that loud) is at high rpms or when accelerating at low speeds (like in parking lots, or at stop lights). So basically you can control the noise by how you drive.

One question i have for other racepipe owners (in CA) is, has anyone taken their car in for servicing at the dealer yet with it on? I'm not sweatin' the intake, exhaust, or (soon to be) springs, but i am a little nervous about the pipe, since it does make the car illegal in CA.

·
Registered
351 Posts
ev said:
BillR said:

Thanks in advance.
Well, i just installed my racepipe a couple of days ago. So as of now i have the PLP intake, blitz exhaust and the racepipe. As far as sound goes, it's not that loud. The racepipe deffinetly adds some volume, but it's not bad at all. When i'm cruising on the freeway, i can't even tell it's there. I think that it compliments the blitz nicely. The only time it gets loud (although not that loud) is at high rpms or when accelerating at low speeds (like in parking lots, or at stop lights). So basically you can control the noise by how you drive.

One question i have for other racepipe owners (in CA) is, has anyone taken their car in for servicing at the dealer yet with it on? I'm not sweatin' the intake, exhaust, or (soon to be) springs, but i am a little nervous about the pipe, since it does make the car illegal in CA.
thanks for the info, im picking my race pipe maybe this tuesday, well to answer your question, i to have exhaust and intake and springs and i usually go to longo lexus. as for the exhaust there should be no problem and for the PLP intake, it should be ok as well, however the springs will void your warrenty pertaining to the alignment, so no more alignment once you get aftermarket springs. I really dont know about the race pipe but my guess is that it should have no problem. just my thought, hope this helps

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I am getting this set-up. My exhaust is coming in, and I am gonna order my race pipe in the next couple of days. And in a couple of weeks I am gonna dyno. I will post A.S.A.P :wink:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I go to my dealership with the FULL toyomoto header, so that means i have no cats...Me and the head tech were talking about mods too...No probs in Santa Monica...

·
Registered
197 Posts
UCLA-IS300 said:
I go to my dealership with the FULL toyomoto header, so that means i have no cats...Me and the head tech were talking about mods too...No probs in Santa Monica...
Well, i sure hope Keyes in Van Nuys is as cool. I'll be going in for my 5,000 mile service probably next month, so i guess i'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. Like i said before, the only mods i'm worried about are the ones that make my car CA illegal.... so if anyone else can chime in on there dealer experiences with header, racepipe, or even F/I mods, i'd like to hear the dealer's (in CA) reaction. I HIGHLY doubt they would trip out on just a racepipe, but i guess i just don't know how seriously they take cat removal :-? .

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
ev said:
UCLA-IS300 said:
Well, i sure hope Keyes in Van Nuys is as cool. I'll be going in for my 5,000 mile service probably next month, so i guess i'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. Like i said before, the only mods i'm worried about are the ones that make my car CA illegal.... so if anyone else can chime in on there dealer experiences with header, racepipe, or even F/I mods, i'd like to hear the dealer's (in CA) reaction. I HIGHLY doubt they would trip out on just a racepipe, but i guess i just don't know how seriously they take cat removal :-? .
KEYES is totally cool with mods.. i went in with K&N typhoon and BLITZ and they were cool with it.. even said that they sounded good.. :D

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
ev said:
UCLA-IS300 said:
KEYES is totally cool with mods.. i went in with K&N typhoon and BLITZ and they were cool with it.. even said that they sounded good.. :D
I hope mine sounds good :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
dealership

Hendrick here in Charlotte doesnt care. They love talking to me about mods. They can't wait until I get a turbo on it ... no problem here at all.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
ev said:
UCLA-IS300 said:
yeah buddy, race pipe makes your car CA illegal. so does a header. so does clear sidemarkers. so does blue/purple HIDs. so does hyper white turn signals. etc. but the dealer doesn't care, as long as you are still paying them to do service on your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
racerfan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing