Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my catalytic converters have been clogged and i've been looking all around these forums for recommendations, but every single brand i've looked up don't seem to be in production anymore. ( besides a plethora of junk from eBay :frown2: )

So.. anybody have links to some decent name-brands? I don't necessarily care for how loud/quiet it makes my car, I just need something to get the job done and sound good for a decent price. :smile2:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nothing wrong with the DNA brand headers from ebay. For under $100 shipped you can't go wrong. I installed them on my car and it went smoothly and definitely gave more grunt and torque.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Were a bit in the dark as our cars keep on aging and and they were not the most popular tunning platform. So you got to scavenge Craigslist or forums to find the Mazzurris, alphawerks... etc. Leaving us all to Ebay and some tunners website. I've got the Megan Racing Header and the Megan racing Y-pipe. Welds are well made, sound is perfect (I kept my stock resonator)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm assuming you don't have to pass emissions since you're not requesting headers with cats? Otherwise your options are pretty much Dezod or Magnaflow (~$1000 new) and not exactly priced well. I ran the dezod greens for 4 years before the cats failed, I wouldn't recommend them unless passing emissions annually is an absolute must -- but they did make the car sound aggressive and refined.

Most of the cheap knock offs are clones of other, higher quality name brand versions. Pipe thickness, material and weld quality are what I would be weary of, you can never be sure of fitment though. You might be able to find some non-brand name ones that didn't compromise as much in terms of construction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is the general consensus of the PaceSetter header and midpipe? They seem to be decent quality and decent price. At this point as soon as I get a CEL for anything exhaust related I am planning on going that route. And I have emissions where I live so I can't just go the catless route.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I also did the DNA Headers + Megan Mid Pipe Combo (with APEXI N1 Catback System).

The DNA headers are cost effective and I havent had a problem with them since the install other than changing from the DNA provided gasket to a Felpro one and havent had any issues since.

The megan mid pipes (I am almost sure) can be ordered through THMotorsports.

With a few anti-foulers (cheap) you shouldnt even have to deal with CEL either.

I had a whole write-up here: https://www.my.is/forums/f88/dna-motoring-headers-installation-complete-product-update-594889/

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm interested in a long tube header. If I use say the DNA motoring header, plus a mid pipe, would I be able to bolt it up to the factory exhaust and keep the 3rd cat? Is the 3rd cat in the midpipe or in the main piping after the Y?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'm interested in a long tube header. If I use say the DNA motoring header, plus a mid pipe, would I be able to bolt it up to the factory exhaust and keep the 3rd cat? Is the 3rd cat in the midpipe or in the main piping after the Y?
This can be answered by reading and looking. But the header will delete the two in the manifold. The down pipe deletes the cat in the Y pipe. Yes, it will all still bolt up to stock exhaust. Remember you will need to do something to fool the ECU to not throw a code. When you delete the Manifold cats with a header. If this is an issue for emissions for you. Just do the down pipe.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are you want go with turbo or N/A?
If you go with N/A I have Team Lexus header with y-pipe 2,5 in pipe for sale. Team Lexus header they use borla company I believe. but I will check how much inchi again. I use No cats, just pipe all way done to catback. I use jdm catback altezza, lid catback 1/2 in little bigger then oem lid. Sound kind a quite, but when rev is loud but no extreme loud.
Let me know if you interested.
Thank you,
Dicky_tan

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Are you want go with turbo or N/A?
If you go with N/A I have Team Lexus header with y-pipe 2,5 in pipe for sale. Team Lexus header they use borla company I believe. but I will check how much inchi again. I use No cats, just pipe all way done to catback. I use jdm catback altezza, lid catback 1/2 in little bigger then oem lid. Sound kind a quite, but when rev is loud but no extreme loud.
Let me know if you interested.
Thank you,
Dicky_tan
Put it in the for sale section.https://www.my.is/forums/f99/ Instead of slinging in the wrong place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts