1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys..

I'm considering a IS250 AWD right now.

Where should I go buy in GTA?

I want HID.. but I don't like the wood trim with the premium package.

I was thinking to get HID separately.

My question is.. does Stock IS250 AWD no option come with projector headlights for the ones in GTA?

Also, for fellow GTA members, is it possible to get premium without wood trim?

If already discussed, could someone can guide me to the right post
Sorry for double post.. I thought I post it in a more relevant forum.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
All IS250's and IS350's come with projector headlights. Even if there are halogen headlights... there are still projector lenses inside the housings.

In regards to which dealer to buy from... you should probably just go from place to place to see who gives you the better deal. After you buy the car you can get your car serviced where you want.

I've always heard nice things about Ken Shaw Lexus.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Ya, Ive heard good things about ken shaw.

Ive been to Erin Park Lexus and Northwest Lexus and wouldn't really recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All IS250's and IS350's come with projector headlights. Even if there are halogen headlights... there are still projector lenses inside the housings.

In regards to which dealer to buy from... you should probably just go from place to place to see who gives you the better deal. After you buy the car you can get your car serviced where you want.

I've always heard nice things about Ken Shaw Lexus.
Sweet! All come with projector lense! So does that mean they all come with the active moving projector lenses too then?

Also, if I want the premium package, does anyone know if I can drop the woodtrim package?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Sweet! All come with projector lense! So does that mean they all come with the active moving projector lenses too then?

Also, if I want the premium package, does anyone know if I can drop the woodtrim package?

Thanks again!
Nope, only if you have the stock HID do you get the Adaptive Front Lighting System. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the lights pointing straight forward.
I've never tried that feature myself, but with aftermarket HIDs on my car I really never find it much of a problem, especially on city roads.

I think I asked if I could have the premium leather package (it doesn't exist anymore) without the wood trim, but was told no.
I suppose if you really wanted you can buy aluminum trim parts and put them in yourself.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my only advice is stay away from don valley north

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
another bit of advice. If you buy a lexus, Please dont cheap out on the features. You will regret it later.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
the leather on that premium leather package was very soft.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
the leather on that premium leather package was very soft.
yup I love it...
and the ventilated and heated seats...

and I agree with redline.gt... really if you skimp on options now, you'll probably end up regretting it...

the wood trim isn't that bad after you get used to it... if it really bugs you.. get some after market stuff to stick over

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
There's somebody on here with some really nice carbon fiber overlays. Usually those look gay... but the set he got really look good.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have a few good places that i work with.

Ken Shaw and Northwest are the best and the most helpful. Don valley is crap, i have soo many issues with them. let me know if you want to buy the IS250. i have the dealers cost price on everything. so PM me if you want the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the advice.

Personally I was thinking of getting it no option or with the leather+moon roof package and get aftermarket HID, cause I find wood grain, in my opinion, to be disgusting.. if it was the black wood trim.. thats fine.. but I cant stand the brown wood trim..

How much does it cost to get it replaced on aluminum approximately?

Thanks for all the advice. Lastly, are they only selling lip spoilers now? I dont see the old style spoiler around anymore..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few good places that i work with.

Ken Shaw and Northwest are the best and the most helpful. Don valley is crap, i have soo many issues with them. let me know if you want to buy the IS250. i have the dealers cost price on everything. so PM me if you want the help.
Thanks so much, I'll find you for sure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Never go to Richmond Hill Lexus!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
haha wow.

We've all had bad experiences wit each lexus dealership/s

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Never go to Richmond Hill Lexus!!!!!!!!
What did they do to you? I had one bad experience there where some newb got water in my spark plugs. That was a horrific experience.

But besides that my experiences with Richmond Hill Lexus was pretty good. They also do a thorough job of cleaning even the interior of my car when I've left my car there for service jobs. Lexus of Richmond Hill also put on some of the most elaborate special events I've been too at a dealership.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Thanks for all the advice.

Personally I was thinking of getting it no option or with the leather+moon roof package and get aftermarket HID, cause I find wood grain, in my opinion, to be disgusting.. if it was the black wood trim.. thats fine.. but I cant stand the brown wood trim..

How much does it cost to get it replaced on aluminum approximately?

Thanks for all the advice. Lastly, are they only selling lip spoilers now? I dont see the old style spoiler around anymore..
Don't give up all the nice features of a Lexus to avoid wood trim... as others said... you'll regret it later. I can't remember the cost of swapping out all the interior panels... but somebody on my.IS asked that question before and the costs were astronomical. You never know... you might grow to like the wood... and if not... you can get a high quality interior trim kit.

I believe the only official spoiler for the Lexus IS350/250 is the lip spoiler that curves around the Lexus badge.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
haha wow.

We've all had bad experiences wit each lexus dealership/s
Unfortunate instances can happen anywhere and everywhere. Where you gotta worry is when bad experiences seem to be a regular occurrence.

I doubt there's any car place in the GTA that doesn't have some complaints.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts