Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on the east coast have limited slip differential on their Sportcross?

Dealers are telling me that they just don't build them that way.
Also have been told that all colors that the dealer does not have on the lot are special order. It might be GGP, or black, or silver, or white, etc, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think

you need to get one with NAV to get some of the obscure options. I just purchased (but haven't taken delivery) one used (2002), I was told it had every option, but I didn't specifically check for LSD. However, I have read that the NAV ones come with everything.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i asked the dealer for the LSD option and he said that they couldnt do just the LSD....was kinda pissed about it. the car i wanted was already on the lot too. so i said funk it and then i found a wrecked is3oo with the lsd....so i grabbed the whole rear-end and blamo! sportcross with LSD :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is300drifter said:
"i asked the dealer for the LSD option and he said that they couldnt do just the LSD....was kinda pissed about it. the car i wanted was already on the lot too. so i said funk it and then i found a wrecked is3oo with the lsd....so i grabbed the whole rear-end and blamo! sportcross with LSD"

How long did this take? What kind of $ for the used rear-end?
Is the rear-end from the IS 300 sedan the same as the sportcross?
Did you use any brake parts or bearings from the junked rear-end, or did you swap all that too?
Any problems bleeding the brakes after the swap?

I may consider doing the same thing if it isn't too much of an ordeal, and if I can find a rear-end in good condition for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found my '03 Sportcross sitting on the dealer's lot with LSD and without alot of extra bells and whistles - just heated seats.

VFRMAN

·
Registered
2 Posts
I special ordered my '03 SportX last May with LSD, VSC (and e-shift) and had no argument or problem getting those options, though the car wasn't delivered until mid-August. (I'm in Northern VA.) I don't understand how a dealer can say that something in the Lexus brochure and website isn't available and I would just insist on whatever you want. If necessary, I think Lexus has a national customer service number and you should be able to get a straight answer from them.

BTW, I have white with ivory leather interior but, according to the Lexus website, it looks like they are only providing a black interior for the '04 SportX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts