Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying an IS300 this month but i cant figure out if i want a manual tranny or auto is there any difference performance wise?? the other thing is that every manual i found they try to rip u off and the one i did find and i really like is auto but i like to feel the power on my cars when i step on it. please hlep!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
If you want a manual transmission... get a manual.

The auto transmission still gives decent control over gear shifts in e-shift mode... it doesn't lag as bad as some other companies' tiptronic modes. But be aware that e-shift just limits the highest gear the car will go into... it doesn't necessarily say which gear you are in.

So for example if you select "4"... but are driving slow... the car could actually be in 2nd gear. But if you stay in "4"... the car won't go higher than 4th gear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
g35 tip-tronic has a huge delay but smooth kick...grounding wires helped with the shifting...

clk430...holy crap..not only do you have a huge delay on the gas pedal..the shifting takes ages too...dont want the old geysers to snap their necks i guess...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.