Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any legal FI kits...I live in CA..and need to be legal....

what do you guys in CA do with FI...just take it off when you smog or find someone to "smog" yoru car every two years???

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
dude, you should search around on these forums for superchargers too. There is the Peo Lex Performance powerdyne supercharger kit that is supposed to be carb certified soon. No turbo will be legal here really unless it is posassayyy!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
plan "someone" to smog the car :wink:

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
1,636 Posts
23109VC said:
what do you guys in CA do with FI...just take it off when you smog or find someone to "smog" yoru car every two years???
It would be a huge pain in the ass to take a turbo off - it's a lil more involved than, say, removing an intake. It's more a matter of who you know. Smog on a new car is every 4 years.

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
DegoIS said:
dude, you should search around on these forums for superchargers too. There is the Peo Lex Performance powerdyne supercharger kit that is supposed to be carb certified soon. No turbo will be legal here really unless it is posassayyy!
my PFS stage II passed the VA emissions test.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
One point, there are NO OBDII approved aftermarket cats available. So you may pass the sniffer, you will fail the visual, the hopes of have a turbo kit that is 50 state legal on a IS300? None.
Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
hahaha, smog legal in CA and turbo dont belong in the same sentence. just hope you dont get sent to the REF.
IMO as long as you dont get all riced out and keep your car still looking like a Lex, you wont get bothered by the cops. at least in my town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts