Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8) I was just wondering if anybody had bought this for their IS. And wondered if they could tell a difference? :D

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it won't do anything unless something is defective with the factory grounding system

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
8) I was just wondering if anybody had bought this for their IS. And wondered if they could tell a difference? :D

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well in the article i read about them they tested it on a 01 s2000 and it showed like a 3-4 hp gain overall.
Supposedly there better then any factory system due to the # of threads in each wire.
Also they are claimed to work better w/ highly modified engines due to the engines stress on the electrical system

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
it was in IMPORT TUNER that they did dynos and tests on these grounding kits..

here are some results: on the dynos

2002 suzuki aerio: avg whp gain 1.48

1995 mazda rx-7 twin turbo: avg whp gain 7.09
(at 6500rpms the rx-7 peaked at +15.3whp with the kit!)

1997 nissan maxima: avg whp gain 6.23

2002 honda s2000: avg whp gain: 1.03

i know is300er and a buddy of his have the HKs circle earth kit on their is300s.. they both say that they feel a smoothness all around the RPM band..

also in the article, they said that having different grounding points will/can affect the output of the grounding kits.. some places to try are "ignition coils, ignition igniters, factory ground unions, etc"

hope this helps ...

david

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the number of threads of wire per cable is measured in gauge

the reason it showed a gain in the rx7, is because it has a shitty electrical system from the factory, ask any intelligent rx7 owner.

-gte

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
well in the article i read about them they tested it on a 01 s2000 and it showed like a 3-4 hp gain overall.
Supposedly there better then any factory system due to the # of threads in each wire.
Also they are claimed to work better w/ highly modified engines due to the engines stress on the electrical system

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
I've ordered the Hyperground system & will Dyno & report .. it was only a c note for the set for our cars, & if the improvement in general electrical system/components reported (stereo, lights....cleaner/brighter,) etc... Is all i gain that will be fine w/me...well worth a hundred dollars....

I blew well over a hunnerd buks on Dynamat Extreme alone & that just added weight & dulled the drone a bit...

edgy

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
I just got them in today folks they look SWEET!!

I went with Blue...& I think i'mm gonna do small blue highlights around my car.... too much silver /black..

I need to dress it up a tiny bit.. mabery change caliper color to blue too...?.

I will report as soon as i have a chance to install...

edgy.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool cool we'll see if the oh almighty GTE is wrong...................UH oh i think he might be wrong!

:whine: What to do our fearless leader could be wrong :whine:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
edgy, if u get a chance, try different places to ground the wires to.. this way, you will be able to let us all know which places may possibly give more hp than others... esp if u get a chance to dyno each setup.. thanks

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
pretty wires doesn't mean it will ad power willy

the IS has sufficient engine grounds, unless someone removed one. do you know why a bad engine ground would hurt performance? if so, please endulge me

btw, a dyno, back to back, would be the only thing that would convince me otherwise

-gte

bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
cool cool we'll see if the oh almighty GTE is wrong...................UH oh i think he might be wrong!

:whine: What to do our fearless leader could be wrong :whine:

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
IS300GTE said:

the IS has sufficient engine grounds, unless someone removed one. do you know why a bad engine ground would hurt performance? if so, please endulge me

btw, a dyno, back to back, would be the only thing that would convince me otherwise

-gte
actually...if there's a bad ground, then the spark will be rather weak in the combustion chamber. i noticed a small improvement in responce...not power, when i went to a 0 gauge wire for my ground strap in my integra...it was for the stereo system to try to help reduce generated noise a while back...

so, i'm a firm believer in proper grounding...but i dunno about improving HP...that sounds a little too off there...but who knows???

also, when grounding cables...try to scratch off the paint on the surfaces you're strapping the cables too...one thing that we used to do is we used to ohm out the surface in reference to a known good ground before we choose a spot to install the new cables...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
exactly (my question was a test, i already knew the answer), i wanted bgwilly to answer my question, not you hyper, i wanted to see if he knew why it might actually help, or if he just wanted the product to work without actually know the technical.

oh well, i guess that was ruined

anyway, i'll await such a dyno

-gte

HyperMKIV said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte
actually...if there's a bad ground, then the spark will be rather weak in the combustion chamber. i noticed a small improvement in responce...not power, when i went to a 0 gauge wire for my ground strap in my integra...it was for the stereo system to try to help reduce generated noise a while back...

so, i'm a firm believer in proper grounding...but i dunno about improving HP...that sounds a little too off there...but who knows???

also, when grounding cables...try to scratch off the paint on the surfaces you're strapping the cables too...one thing that we used to do is we used to ohm out the surface in reference to a known good ground before we choose a spot to install the new cables...

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
IS300GTE said:
exactly (my question was a test, i already knew the answer), i wanted bgwilly to answer my question, not you hyper, i wanted to see if he knew why it might actually help, or if he just wanted the product to work without actually know the technical.

-gte
hmm...i should've known...two minds that think alike... :p :p :p

just like when i'm sarcastic n ppl think i'm serious on here... heh... maybe you can delete both our posts in hopes of no one seeing either of them... :)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
nah, fuck it, i'm sure its already been ingested :)

HyperMKIV said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte
hmm...i should've known...two minds that think alike... :p :p :p

just like when i'm sarcastic n ppl think i'm serious on here... heh... maybe you can delete both our posts in hopes of no one seeing either of them... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing