Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any 2nd Gen Owner's miss their 1st Gen IS? I do like the refinement of the 2nd Gen, but sometimes I miss the sportiness of the original.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Immensely!!!! Though significantly down in power, it was a lot more fun to drive. I think its nimbleness is what I miss the most.

Dont get me wrong, the 2nd gen is a very capable machine, more than the 1st gen, I can take off/on ramps at a much higher rate of speed than with my 1st gen.

But at the end of the day, its a better compromise of sportiness and luxury than the 1st gen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I miss the steering feel of my 1IS - it was heavier and more precise. I do feel like my 350 has an overpowered steering feel. It's just too light.

The additional horsepower makes me get over things pretty quickly though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I miss the attention, which probably had to do that my 1st gen was solar yellow and my 2nd gen is sgm. i also miss the steering feel of my 1IS. in general when im driving i see more 1st gen now then ever but as soon as i floor my 350 dam all is forgotten...

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I saw the 300 on the lot, I thought it looked hideous, a throwback, compared to the other Lexus models. I was looking for AWD, and the salesman said it was coming out in an AWD model. I couple years later, I took a look and the new IS was much prettier. I like the price point of the IS too. I've been a happy owner for 10 days now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts