Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pissed! We had a snowstorm in New England on Friday. I attempted to go out, but couldn't make it out of my garage. There's a steep incline exiting the garage (underground) getting up to street level, which had not been plowed yet. So I tried getting up but instead started sliding back down, threw it in reverse to get back in the garage and the gate came down on my car as I was pulling in! Obliterated the antenna, and dented and scratched the roof.

Now I'm stuck with a needlessly expensive repair that I don't care about since I never even use the radio. What do you think is the best option?

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
oh man that sucks!! sorry to see that! i dont knwo what id do with that though but get it replaced.. $$$:(

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
man thats horrible id be so angry
im surprised the gate didnt have the sensors which make it go back up

if you got the money id deffinately clean up the damage to the roof but the antenna maybe jus take off the loose parts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I'm surprised the gate didn't open too. still haven't heard back from my condo about this, and the gate is still stuck open. at least I left a good dent in the gate too :)

I'm looking into getting the roof repaired. I'll ask about the antenna too, but I may just end up throwing a dummy up there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sharkfin time!

^_^

·
Registered
39 Posts
The sound of that gate scraping the crap out of your car must have been the worst feeling of your life. Hope everything works out for you. I do agree with the sharkfin suggestion, especially if you dont care about radio reception.

·
Registered
175 Posts
IMHO an IS just doesnt look like an IS with out a factory style antenna.

Mine is really weathered if you look up close. Base and antenna. I'm glad to hear theyre expensive-- There goes that idea. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts