Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ohhhh Myyyy God have mercy on us all. This is just gettin 2 ridiculous. I got a strange feeling these taillights are gonna be the norm for every car makers in the near future.
What cha'll think?

·
2,909 Posts
Why am I not so surprised. What next? Yeah, if they come out for the BMW or A4 that's it!

On second thought that pic looks "fixed " to me. IS3, did you see this in person or did you download it off the net?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeh, that picture is photoshopped. It came from an acura-tl.com member. I dont think anyone was actually considering getting them if one was made, rather, most were making fun of how ugly it would be to do this.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Sure it looks ridiculous because it's (despite clip and paste) posing as something it's not. Now my question to you is which styling do you prefer if it was Acura's own styling (pre-Altezza). I would have to opt for the IS lights.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rest assured I would smack the Acura owner who did that to his car if it happened. Those brakelights are a love/hate thing. Personally I hate them but I can see the appeal.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
holy ugly batman

like comptechcls said, i hate them too, but i can see how some people would like them.

on the same token, some people buy n'sync, too.

'nuf said you chimps

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
...and then there are those who just have to have front wheel drive...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
...in a straight line, not in the curves...

Originally posted by geoff:
...that can whup most RWDs in its same class.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Brad, that's quite a statement there considering you are covering EVERY rear wheel drive vs EVERY front wheel drive. Wanna narrow that down a bit? Mashing the carpet 0-150 is easy in a strait line...
Driving a car through curves requires skills which 90% of the population don't have and most people under-utilize their car's ability due to fear or ignorance. Soooo, in real world terms what cars are you talking about?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Allow me to preface this comment by saying I'm an above average driver and nothing more. You requested real world terms so here's a quick example.
My 88 MX-6 GT did sixty in about 7 flat and ran low 15 quarters and quit at around 140. Twice I ran into serious plowing issues around a turn and once I banged up my left front rim b/c I ran out of room. The IS would not have sledded like that, nor would most sports sedans with a rwd setup.
So my point is this, if I'm simply an above average driver who is totally cognizant of the limitations of giving chase to a rwd car while in a fwd (in the streets) is that real world scenario good enough?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Brad - your point was not lost on me....these CL-S Pukes are grasping. Don't sweat it. I think they are very touchy about the whole FWD thing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
If they don't know what the real difference is between FWD and RWD, then they shouldn't say anything at all.

RWD car will out handle a FWD car any day, regardless skill of driver.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts