Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my window tinting guy to get my windows tinted, and he said its all easy except for the back window. Apparently he can't get his squeegee inbetween the window and the speaker grilles. He didn't want to break anything, so he left it up to me to get the speaker grilles off. Do they just pry off, or are there screws, or bolts to take them off? Thanks for any help in advance...

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
ummm im not sur ebut i think the grills are just clips.....anyhow my tint guy had no problem with that........but he did say that our rear defroster lines are mroe thick than most cars and they will bubble a lil....and theres really nothin we can do it about it! :(

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
To get the rear speaker grills off you need to take off the back seat bottom, then seat back, then finally the rear deck cover. The grills are attached to the deck cover. When I had my tint installed that's what they had to do. no wonder it cost so much to tint the IS.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hmm i got my rear window tinted no problem also (except for the defoggers too... ) BUT the thing is the tint shop actually lined up the tint to the defoggers so that its all tinted but there are small empty tint spaces where the defoggers are (not bad at all.... doesn't ruin the image and looks pretty clean)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts