Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i know what your all going to say...

"read this... i dont care...."

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13352493&highlight=ticket

but seriously, this thread has helped me alot on learning many things i have never thought of. i just got pulled over for taking a turn when exiting a freeway too fast, and the reason being because the light was turning yellow, so i just tapped the gas and turned. the tires screeched, and i got pulled over by cops that were on the other side of the street, handling some other guy speeding. my question is, how did he use the radar gun on me when his car was turned around. it says 45 on the ticket and speed limit was 35?? yes i am going to fight it, but would love your guys' advices.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Surprisingly, I'd say fight it!

Whaaaat? That from ME!? Yeah!

This one IS bullshit. He couldn't have got you with radar/laser, he was simply going by your tires screeching on the paint lines on the street.

Absolutely take it to court, trying to squeeze through a yellow on a right turn is fucking nothing. He has no proof you were speeding, and you will win.

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
You will need to establish that he was in the situation of writing up someone else. I am fighting a tick right now and at the final hearing the cop just lied out his ass.....so make sure you mount a good defense and ask some leading questions that he will not have on his notes. Like the direction his car was facing etc. catch him in a lie. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the help. yea he was writing someone up with another cop by the side. as i drove up hill after the left turn and screeching tires, i saw him bust a nut and knew he was coming for me. but he caught me. i actually got the ticket for "unsafe speed for the prevailing conditions". whateva that means :lol: . so ill just have to wait till the court date.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cops have a "rear stalker" in the back window if their cars. Ive noticed not all cars have them...but you can easily notice it on the ones that have it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts